Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 474 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Love my Honda
By moelladeville

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Odyssey over Sienna because in the Sienna, you must use headphones w/DVD (although the commercial depicts this differently). I have toddlers who won't wear headphones. Also, Sienna loads DVD from second row, Odyssey loads it from front seat (driver can do it). Would like a better center console in the front. Rear console is okay if you don't want to use third-row seating. Don't really use the lazy Susan that they tout. I love the second row windows that go down. Nav and dvd are great.

Love the disappearing third row. Love second-row windows that go down. Love navigation and DVD systems.

Put a permanent center console in the front seat. As the driver, I have six cup holders I can reach, but nowhere to set my stuff.

Disappointed in 2nd Odyssey mileage
By Pat R.

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 2005 Odyssey for 4+ years and traded it with 75,000 miles for the new 2005 Touring edition Odyssey in September 2004. Have been very disappointed with city gas mileage--my previous Odyssey got about 17 mpg and the 2005 was advertised to get approx. 20 mpg city and 28 highway. I average 14.5 mpg city and 22-23 highway. Needless to say am not happy and am seriously thinking of selling and buying the Toyota Sienna. I have owned 5 Hondas and have been a loyal customer but maybe it's time to make a change.

I love driving the Odyssey except for the poor gas mileage it gets.

Make certain the vehicle gets at least "close" to the advertised mileage or else don't advertise false and misleading information.

redesigned Honda Odyssey is nice but....
By david4784

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this van for about a month and we have taken several trips. We love everything about the van but the seats. They have to be the worst seats I have even been in. They are very unconformable. Friends of ours have a Dodge caravan and its seats are 1000 times better, but don't get me wrong I wouldn't buy anything but a Honda. We test drove every mini van out there and we decided to buy the best overall value and that’s a Honda Odyssey.

double power sliding doors, 6 disk cd in dash, and window shades in the 2nd row. And it Looks sweet for a minivan.

The EX model should have;Better more confrontable seats all around, moon roof, fog lights, auto dim rear mirrior, and auto on/off head lights.

Da Kine
By akahele

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever driven or owned. I think it is a much better automobile than even a bmw or mercedes. Unbelievable comfort power and handling. Auto doors good sound system, excellent ac. Visibility is great, drive by wire is very nice when using cruise control. wish it really got 30 mpg though, but i'll settle with what I get because its such a good car.

Comfort and power. Looks and handling.

Some details are a little flimsy and seem a little cheap. This is only because I wash and wax it very thoroughly often. I have found all the short cuts by Honda, but believe that all will be OK in the long run. My last car, a bmw325 still has 550,000 miles on it and I expect to get the same with one

First Impressions
By thespyder

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Interior layout is great. only drawback is no telescoping steering wheel. DVD quality is above average for picture quality and great for size. Third seat fold is cake. 2nd row captains chairs are extremely comfortable. Exterior, I like the new headlights over earlier models. We love the slate green which depending on lighting can be silver or light blue to metallic green. Engine has power to spare. It has great high end acceleration. Wish it had auto rear hatch and laser cruise. Great Choice for mini van shoppers. Can't go wrong with how well this van holds its value.

RES, Tons of safety features. Built in sun shades. POWER, POWER, POWER

telescoping Steering Wheel, laser cruise, and power rear hatch for the EX-L RES.