Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 473 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Honda odyssey
By TGRIFFITH

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is far and above any other minivan that i have owned, namely the nissan quest. It drives like a small luxury car, but hauls like an suv. It has almost to the inch, the interior hauling space that my ford expedition had. It is very easy to see out of. It has lots of pickup, the nissan was sluggish. It has full size seats that are very comfortable.

The 6 cyl. Engine that cuts down to 3 cyl. When you get above 20 mph.The all around comfort , handling, and hauling.

Drop the price. It is pricey compared to the other minivans, however, i don't expect to replace it in the near future, so i should get my moneys worth.

Traveling
By Traveling

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 2 Dodge Caravans and a Chevrolet Trailblazer in the last 20 years. This vehicle is the best so far in almost all respects. I'm 3000 miles into a 6000 mile road trip and the comfort provided by the van is excellent wheather

Glad that I waited for 2005 model
By Daifaylow

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am throughly glad that I waited for the 2005 model, but I wish I did not have to wait 12 wks for delivery. Wife was not keen on driving a minivan, but now she won't let me drive it! Ample passing power on hwy and the spacious interior is way more comfortable than my 4-Runner. Better value and $5K cheaper than comparable Toyota Sienna XLE. On the negative side, disappointed with the fit and finish compared to previously owned 98 Accord. Gaps between body panels were quite noticable around the tailgate. Plastic plug popped out of the driver side sliding door when opened. Seams between carpet pieces should be tighter. Need more bass from speakers, not enough oomph! Overall,impressed.

Dashboard illumination; power sliding doors; effortless passing power at hwy speeds; spacious interior and comfort of leather seats; 2nd row legroom; stable handling at hwy speeds

Optional Power tailgate; swivelling conversation mirror; additional soundproofing to buffer hwy road noise; more bass in speakers for EX-L model;button on pillar to close sliding doors similiar to Toyota Sienna; disappointed with fit and finish compared to 89 & 98 Accord.

check it out thoroughly before buying
By slow learner

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got our Odyssey less than two weeks ago, so we're still learning about it. My wife loves it - she wanted a mini-van - whereas another Camry would have been my first pick. There's a wind noise on the passenger side - we didn't test drive this car - it was located for us. With the radio on, it's not noticeable, but otherwise, it is (maybe that can be fixed?) I did the test driving and never used the passenger seat - now I see that my left knee is on the dash - the seat doesn't go back far. Lastly, the radio controls are pretty far from the driver - need an extended reach to use them. We got 23 mpg (mostly highway driving) on our first tank of gas. My wife loves driving this van -

roomy, rides nicely, handles well, wife loves it

wind noise; more passenger leg room (or better able to push back front seat; more convenient radio controls

Love my Honda
By moelladeville

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Odyssey over Sienna because in the Sienna, you must use headphones w/DVD (although the commercial depicts this differently). I have toddlers who won't wear headphones. Also, Sienna loads DVD from second row, Odyssey loads it from front seat (driver can do it). Would like a better center console in the front. Rear console is okay if you don't want to use third-row seating. Don't really use the lazy Susan that they tout. I love the second row windows that go down. Nav and dvd are great.

Love the disappearing third row. Love second-row windows that go down. Love navigation and DVD systems.

Put a permanent center console in the front seat. As the driver, I have six cup holders I can reach, but nowhere to set my stuff.