Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 473 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Ready for something else.
By Disappointed

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I have been very disappointed with our Odyssey. We have always bought GM products but thought that all the safety and consumer ratings were too hard to pass up. The vehicle is supposedly 'XM ready' but you need an $800 part in order to get XM. The gas mileage has not been good at all. I got better in my Venture van. The transmission drives like a manual, I hate having to open the gas cap from the inside and it doesn't have daytime running lamps like GM cars. There is always something rattling like the windows and doors which on a brand new vehicle shouldn't be happening. There is a lot of room and we like the 'magic seats' but are planning to buy something else now.

The 'magic seats', lots of room, it looks beautiful. Also, you can open the side doors with a button in front which is great with kids.

Integrate XM into the stereo like every other manufacturer. Forget the gas cap button. Gas mileage could be better. Also, the 'new car' smell smells like cardboard boxes, yuck!

Luvit !
By Allig8r

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey is fun drive and the fold down third seat coupled with the removable second row makes it the perfect vehicle for light hauling. It drives and rides as well as a full size sedan. WIsh I had gotten one sooner.

Third seat being a 60/40 split and the removable second seat.

1. Move the power seat controls to the door. 2. Design the second row to fold into the floor 3. Include a combination 6 cd changer and cassette player instead have having to have cassette player installed.(Some of us have books on tape *S*)

Purchase of Odyssey
By Don Wix

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have put 9000 miles on our Odyssey since Dec 04. It is a great vehicle except it rides a little rough. We had a Ford Van before and it rode better. Otherwise we love the van. The economy is great. Turning radius is beneficial to parking.

Economy

A little better ride on rough roads.

2005 Honda Odyssey
By James Duckens

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good family transportation. I recently took my family of 5 on a 3,500 trip and can only log a few complaints. I am 6'4'' and could use a bit more leg room. The steering wheel block my view of the speedometer at highway speeds. The van does not offer integrated 3rd row sun shades like the Toyota van; the optional curtains looked so out of place, I decided not to have them installed.

Honda Oddy 2005
By David Howard

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All the independent reviews rate this minivan as the BEST. We bought it because of the safety features. It's also asthetically more appealing than the Toyota Sienna, especially from the side view. In practice the Honda has performed every bit as good as the reviews suggested it should.

Safety. External body lines. Deep trunk. Removable 8th seat.

Longer arm rests