Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 476 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

New Van
By Michael

2005 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had the van for almost 3000 miles and love it. On a recent 1200 mile trip, we averaged 24 mpg with AC on all the time and travelling a good bit over the speed limit. RPMs at 75 mpg were just under 2K - we cruised along with no problems. The kids were very comfortable in the the second row of captains chairs and the little one fit well in her car seat in the last row with 1/3 of the split bench folded into the floor. There was plenty of room for all our gear. Around town, my wife averages 20 mpg and loves the van - it is very easy to drive, has good site lines, and a better turning radius than my Porsche! The new styling makes it very appealling. Great vehicle for the family.

Very peppy engine, dual air controls in front and rear seating, interior storage capacity, exterior styling, good interior ergonomics, instrument panel is really cool.

The arm rests are too low on all seats. The rubber moulding along the step into the rear of the van is separating from the step due to kids stepping on it getting in and out of the van. Don't open the sliding door when getting gas - shouldn't the gas cap be positionied after the door stop?

This van rocks
By little Deb

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a chrysler town and country 2005 had less than 6000 miles on it when traded it in. that van had a ton of problems with it, at about 1500 miles on it the battery leaked had a maintance free battery and those cheap idiots replaced it with a very cheap battery I had to maintain? At 2500 miles had to have the fuel pump and bcm chip replaced, after being stranded twice! I HATED THAT VAN we also named it the puttermobile. Checked out the toyota and Honda and when we compared the two, Well it didn't take us to long to figure out the best deal, Quality and price hands down it was the HONDA. paid $28800 for it got EX with leather it came standard with heated seats and 6 disc player and on and on

Everything on the HONDA!!! With Toyota you got leather seats but it was optional to get it Heated $$$! get single disc player$$, 1 power door the other was optional $$$ it would have cost us about $40000 to get it up to par with the HONDA EXL. I love my HONDA I bought about 13 toyotas in my lifetime

NONE. Ranging from tercels up to 4- Runner sport edition v8 $35000 many problems. JBL system stunk, moon roof & tailgate leaked, engine corroded. My Opinion toyota has gone up in price & way down on QUALITY. When I checked out HONDA I was so impressed with the Quality & Safety features, Powerful hmmm

Satisified
By E.L. Mac Donald

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The long distance mileage is as expected, the local driving is not quite up to par. (maybe the a/c is pulling down the mileage. The shift control does not give the read out of what gear you are in, you must look at the dash board. Do not care for that feature.

One of the features is the heated front seats. The closing of the rear doors The dashboard is well lit, (see remarks below.)

The a/c is a little complicated to use when driving. To try to make comfort for the front and back. The unit between the front seats could be designed to be more practical such as a middle shelf for storage.The shift imformation on the dashboard is not always in a spot to read easily. colum shift

Ready for something else.
By Disappointed

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I have been very disappointed with our Odyssey. We have always bought GM products but thought that all the safety and consumer ratings were too hard to pass up. The vehicle is supposedly 'XM ready' but you need an $800 part in order to get XM. The gas mileage has not been good at all. I got better in my Venture van. The transmission drives like a manual, I hate having to open the gas cap from the inside and it doesn't have daytime running lamps like GM cars. There is always something rattling like the windows and doors which on a brand new vehicle shouldn't be happening. There is a lot of room and we like the 'magic seats' but are planning to buy something else now.

The 'magic seats', lots of room, it looks beautiful. Also, you can open the side doors with a button in front which is great with kids.

Integrate XM into the stereo like every other manufacturer. Forget the gas cap button. Gas mileage could be better. Also, the 'new car' smell smells like cardboard boxes, yuck!

Luvit !
By Allig8r

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey is fun drive and the fold down third seat coupled with the removable second row makes it the perfect vehicle for light hauling. It drives and rides as well as a full size sedan. WIsh I had gotten one sooner.

Third seat being a 60/40 split and the removable second seat.

1. Move the power seat controls to the door. 2. Design the second row to fold into the floor 3. Include a combination 6 cd changer and cassette player instead have having to have cassette player installed.(Some of us have books on tape *S*)