Used 2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Insight

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Great car for the money
By Gill

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for just over 3 months now. This is the first Honda I have bought,I usually own toyota's. I bought this car because I have a new job that I commute 60 miles a day on the highway. Honda had a $5000 rebate on the car, and my Province was giving $2000 environmental rebate. I compared the price of the Yaris and Corolla to the insight, and once I added options like A/C,P/W, cruise, AT, etc. with the rebates the insight was cheaper. The car is great to drive, the dash and gadgets are great. I drove my wife's 2005 loaded rav4 for a week, and I missed my insight big time. This car is made so the working person can afford a hybrid, and provides great fuel economy, & it delivers.

I like the over all design inside and out. The dash is cool, I like the idea you can gauge your skills in saving fuel. The operating layout is great to adjust cruise, brightness control, ECO mode, etc. cup holders work well. Seat and Steering wheel adjustments work well (I'm short).

Map light above rear view mirror would be nice, instead of reaching in the middle of the car to turn on the light. I almost lost my outside roof molding, it was easy to reinstall. Curious I have 9000 KM (5000 miles) and I my oil check is still at 60%, Usually I change oil at 5000 KM, is this right?

Best car I have owned
By frenchaln

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned over 20 cars. That one is by far the best. No rattle. Very quiet. Sub compact but drives like a mid size car. Cheaper then Prius.

The computer tells you a lt about your fuel efficiency as you are driving

Perfect as it is!

New shoes for the kid
By joet

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is not a luxury car. It gets great mpg. Suspension is pretty stiff. Tires awful. I drive curvey roads and wore tires out in 20k. I got new shoes for the kid, they are new Continental ProContact with EcoPlus tires. They are awesome. I went with one size taller tire (185). 2.5% larger circumference. At 80 mph really doing 82.5 mph. Very satisfied with handling now. Motor assist is not as seamless as they advertise. My wife hates it. Car looks sharp. AC or heat works fine on average days. On very cold or very hot days you need to dress accordingly. Heating and ac is fine in any condition if you are traveling more then 10 miles. Overall I enjoy my toy. Good value

I like the heated mirrors, Ipod connection , dash board features, and automatic climate control

A little to much wind noise on interstate. I don't like when you down shift with the stick, it acts like you going from fifth to third gear. Sun-visor is cheesy.

Easy 50 mpg
By dtl

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

How can US gov. can rate this hybrid gas electric at 40 mpg? I easily get 50 mpg with guidance from the built in monitors. Prius owners ask how is the mileage and have expressed that they are not happy with their mileage. I think this vehicle will be great for Teenagers as it teaches you how to drive efficiently and rewards you for doing so. The seats are completely adjustable and very comfortable. I chose this vehicle for mileage, styling, and the fact that it has 1 cubic foot more storage space in the back than the Civic.

Driving adviser monitor that shows you how you are doing and teaches and rewards you for driving more efficiently. My son loves the I-Pod connection, we do not need a USB connect.

I would like the back storage cover to be raised a couple inches, to add another cubic foot. I would like improved sun visors. I would go for even better milage, gas electric plug in. I think that all new cars should have tires that wear longer than two years or 35,000 miles.

Real world mpg is 50+
By Donna

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for a year now and I love it. My mpg has averaged 51 over 20K miles. The dash def teaches you how to drive efficiently and it is fun to try to continually improve your driving habits and mpg. I am baffled by the "official" mpg rating of 41-43, I do try to drive well but I don't do anything crazy to get my results. I have no complaints at all, I love driving this car.

fuel efficiency, dashboard display, exterior styling

gas cap lock, better rear-view visibility