Used 2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Insight

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Insight is out of sight
By peta

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got my insight and it seems to be a very good car to have.
I love the econ assist light display.
The car gives me all the power I need get there in.
Tonight when I say my prayers I will thank God for letting me have this car.

I love the instrumentation display, and how it changes from green to blue to assist you to drive in a fuel saving way.

I guess it would be nice to have a moon roof, but I can't complain with the cool deal that they gave me on the car I got.

Not a cold weather vehicle
By Anonymous

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like my new Honda Insight. It is really fun to drive & I love the way I feel in the driver's seat. The only issue I have with this vehicle is that I can't get anywhere close to the advertised gas mileage when it is cold outside. The cold engine light comes on & I get about 20 mpg. Can't wait until SPRING!

dash, sporty look, comfortable driver's seat

better gas mileage in below 32 degree temps

Very disappointed in Honda
By Mike

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I originally liked the idea of a cooler looking sportier Prius not made by Toyota, but buying the Insight was a very bad decision. Sure, it was fairly easy to exceed the fuel economy ratings, but in return you get a very insubstantial car and in many ways a poorly designed car. Many things on this car had me wondering if anybody at Honda even tested it for more than an afternoon. It got to the point to where the battery would recalibrate and die unpredictably, leaving you wondering if you had enough power to pull out into traffic. I found the drivetrain very jerky and unrefined, especially when starting and stopping, and it often felt as though the wheels were driven by a rubber band.

It got the advertised mileage, looks cool, that's about it.

More power, smoother, less jerky transmission, more stable highway ride, better on-center steering feel, better interior materials, smoother ride, quiet the buzzy engine, more rear headroom, improve quality throughout, fix navigation POI search bug

We got a lemon and Honda won't help
By Hammond

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well, it's been about 8 months since we purchased the car and sadly, this Honda let us down majorly. At 12K, the check engine light blared and the screen gave us a warning sign that something was wrong with the hybrid system. Took it in and it turned out that the cooling system was shot. After 4 weeks in the shop, we took it and found they didn't fix it right since the car was vibrating when the battery kicked in. Not only that but our average mileage has dropped from 45 MPG to about 37 MPG. So I think we got a lemon but Honda isn't treating us right. We paid a premium for the Hybrid and we expect it. Should have coughed the extra $1500 for the Prius.

Besides the gadgets inside, the car is basically useless now that it gets no better mileage than a regular fit or civic

Better reliability and service. I understand that lemons come now and again but Honda isn't treating us right. Its our 3rd Honda and a huge disappointment

I'm In Love
By Great Car

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought my Insight and although I normally buy Fords, I have owned many Honda's as well, but this is my first Hybrid. I only have 500 miles on it but I wanted to write a review about this car. I fueled it for the first time yesterday, I had gone 412 miles and when the pump stopped at 8.5 gallons, I thought something was wrong. When I realized that it was full, I almost fainted. I got an amazing 48 MPG and it's not even broke in yet. One thing more, I feel good driving this car knowing I'm saving gas and the environment. Great Job Honda!

The Gadgets, dashboard, interior lighting on the dash, etc. The exterior styling is wonderful. It handles like a dream.

I wish it had just a little more power, but I understand that it needs to be like this to get the gas mileage it does. It is definitely teaching me to conserve fuel and it actually calms me down and I end up driving more conservatively.