Used 2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Insight

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

133,081 miles, $3,000 warranty refunded, no probs
By Doc

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This was the most undervalued vehicle from 2010. Bought new. Get 41mpg still with Eco on. Driven all over US. Highway excellent. Safe. Still have original rotors. No problems except when 1st bought recall on a rubber trim. Just bought a Pioneer radio with Carplay. Amazing vehicle. I expect will see 200,000 miles plus. Got $3,000 back from extended warrantee because I never used it. Mine made in Japan before tsunami. Best investment. Replaced a crappy BMW convertible that nickled and dimed me. UPDATE 2017: 170,000 miles and counting. Repaired tire pressure sensor and brake lights. 1st major repairs. $500.

Just passed 90k miles
By supermiles

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new in 2010, after losing my Camry to a head on collision. Have about 91k miles on it now. I love the car for what it is. Never any mechanical problems, I put tons of stuff in the hatch. Would buy another...if they still made them when I finish with this one. Never less than 40 mpg, never better than 45...but I run it pretty hard

the hatch/storage area

sunroof

Great car, great mileage, but...
By manihondas

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this fully equipped 2010 model as a Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle with 42K. I needed to add to my honda family, the Element getting higher in the mileage dept, 188K and I needed a fuel efficient car for commuting to my place of work.

So far the car has been wonderful, average 42 mpg on a 78 mile rt, all fwy commute. It's comfortable on the highway even long distance and goes up and down steep grades without really skipping a beat. I am very pleased with the power under the hood given the miniature motor(s).

Several months ago my security light on the driver side housing stopped lighting up when i would remotely lock the car. Several weeks ago I noticed that my rear tail light, same driver's side, was flickering. Took it in to the dealer yesterday for the 60K service and was informed that the part alone is $507. This does not include installation. Hmmm. The dealer is going to check with the Honda representative to see if they will do something for me. Hmmm. I do have a serious problem paying what will probably be close to $700 to replace LED lights that only last 4 years in sunny southern California with the most mild weather in the US. Hope Honda has the insight to replace this safety feature.

This car is the best at its price!
By jpaule

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, the Prius is roomier and even more fuel efficient, but, after five and one half years and 71,000 miles, our Insight is a great value for the price, which was about $ 4000 less than a comparable 2010 Prius. We have replaced only tires at 30K and are still running safely with the original brakes at all four wheels. We have had no warranty, recall or parts replacement issues and fully expect to get another 70000 miles with only normal maintenance. Honda builds quality and it shows! In 2015, we traded for a new Prius, only to obtain a little more room inside. The Insight had 74,000 trouble free miles at that time and we received top dollar on trade due to its good condition. The car sold the next day!

Great Car for the money.
By jpaule

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the Insight new in May, 2009 as a 2010 model and have driven it 69,000 miles as of September 10, 2014. We have had absolutely no warranty issues and gave replaced only tires and wiper blades! It has a small rear seat for adults, but is comfortable enough for us senior citizens on a 675 mile one-way trip frequently to see our grandkids. Gas mileage is great- 40mpg in our town with a stoplight on every corner and 46 mpg average on the highway at 65-70 mph. This is an extremely reliable car as we expected with a Honda and plan to keep it well past 100,000 miles.