2018 Honda HR-V Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda HR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HR-V model:

Great Choice
By Jeanne

2018 Honda HR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I looked for 4 months at several different cars/small suvs and finally decided on the Honda HR-V. It's not as peppy as some but I'm not a race car driver so all is good for me. I am VERY pleasantly surprised at the gas mileage - I am averaging 29 to 30 mpg. There is one downside - I purchased the top of the line model and the feature that programs a garage door in the rear view mirror was not included. I did not think to ask about this at the time but assumed it would come equipped with that upgraded mirror. It did not. That is the only issue. This vehicle did not come with a volume knob for the audio and a few times I caught myself reaching for a knob to remind myself it doesn't have one! Adjusting volume up and down on the steering wheel is not an issue and very comfortable to do. Just had to re-program my brain! - You can also adjust volume on the screen if you want the passenger to do it. And one other very nice feature: right turn/lane change camera for the blind spot. That is very cool. I can't speak to repair issues yet as I haven' had the vehicle for long. But it is a Honda. I don't expect any issues.

Edmunds???
By Rick Wilson

2018 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I own a Honda HR V and couldn't be more satisfied with a car in this class. After reading the expert reviews by Edmunds I could not disagree more concerning their cons. Acceleration? Are we on a race track? Nothing sluggish about this little cars gitty up. Not user friendly technology? Seriously? Were you expecting mind reading capabilities? I've been in top end vehicles and the technology as well as climate control will compete with the best of them. Engine noise and vibration? Were these experts driving the HR V or test driving a riding lawn mower? At start up there is little vibration to the point of being insignificant. While at idle and while driving motor noise little to none. When you park make sure you've turned the motor off it can hardly be heard. I really like this little SUV.

Uhm...No
By Gwen

2018 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2018 Honda HR-V brand new with 4 miles on it at the end of December, it is September now and my vehicle has been in the shop THREE times. The first time I was driving about 50 MPH and I was trying to roll down my front passenger window, and all of a sudden...BOOM CRASH! The entire window fell inside the car the door and broke/cracked. I take it to the dealership and they keep the car for 5 days to try and fix the window regulator. I take it home after it's "fixed" and the door/window sounds horrible! I take it back and apparently now the window needs to be replaced and the run channel in my door is broken, along with the regulator again....and now they keep the vehicle for another 7 days. Now, I took it back a third time 6 months later because I noticed by front passenger door was rattling and the window is wobbling when I try to roll it down. It has now been in the shop for 2 days for another regulator break, broken door panel clips and loose speaker boundary brackets. I heard that Honda is one of the most reliable vehicle brands and it is NOT living up to standards. Beware that plenty of things could go wrong with this thing and I regret buying it.

Get Up & Go
By Carol A Koch

2018 Honda HR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

this a was a smooth ride.....nice big front seat the sun roof was all that! can see very well out rear window.....easy to drive.....better than TOYOTA and I drive one...easy to get in and out for a senior.....GREAT RIDE!

for S&M drivers only
By Milan

2018 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

if you like being in pain after a long commute this is the car for you then. For some reason Honda decided to default on the design and position of break and gas pedals which makes driving it a torture. After 3 months of 40 miles each day i still cant get adjusted to it. My right leg shin is killing me and i cant seam to find a comfortable position. the only one that remotely works is when my seat is in the lower position and almost all the way back. But then , i cant reach the steering wheal so go figure. A colleague of mine had the same complaint but when we brought it to the dealer( we actually bought it from same dealer) they of course said that no one has complained about it ever. of course. i recently got into Honda Accord and can tell you that immediately I noticed the difference. so Honda should definitely look into this. One thing i did which helped a bit was elevating the floor on the drivers side by adding padding under the mat. it made it a but more comfortable but it took good 3 weeks of adjusting it. And whats with the air vents on the dash board??? The person who came up with that idea should return all the money they got paid for it. also, very lazy on acceleration. and no where close to advertised MPG