Used 2015 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Great car for around town and short highway trips.
By Charles Fischer

2015 Honda Fit EX-L 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in Jan 2015 and sold it in Aug 2018 as a trade-in to a new Honda Insight Hybrid Touring. Originally I had planned to keep it for 5-6 years before upgrading but there were several compelling reasons to move up the date. First, I take around 2 road trips each year which last 7-10 days each and my biggest disappointment was the fatiguing road noise at 70-80mph. I also missed having adaptive cruise control, which was not an option for the 2015 Fits. Otherwise the car was a fantastic value with a very reasonable purchase price and a very high re-sale or trade-in value. If you mainly drive in town or for short commutes, it's really quite good. I averaged 34 mpg in the city and up to 42 mpg on the highway (at 55-60 mph speeds) which is incredibly efficient for a non-hybrid. The folding seat/storage arrangements were amazing for such a small car and the front seat head and legroom was outstanding as well. Personally, I was very happy with the sound system and while some reviewers claimed the lack of a physical volume knob bothered them, I had no problems using the on-steering wheel buttons to control both the volume and the track selection. While lacking either Android Auto or Apple Carplay, the iPod port worked very well for iTunes and the Pandora selection worked very well with a Blue Tooth connection.

Love this compact car
By jackle0001

2015 Honda Fit EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

So I love owning this little car. Its very reliable and since owning the cost of ownership has been oil changes and thats it. The battery died in me one time but that was mainly because i diddnt drive it for like a month. Some of these came with smaller batteries so getting it replaced for a larger one might be a good idea. If you drive regularly this wont be an issue at all. Sometimes the road noise can be a complaint but honestly its not to bad and the cabin has plenty of room. The storage in this car is amazing. I have hauled 60 inch tvs. 6-8 ft pieces of wood, all kinds of stuff. I play hockey and sometimes carpool. With the seats down we fit 2/3 bags in the back and the 3rd adult is comfortable. All in all its sporty and great on gas as well as fits in small parking spots. If you are in the market for a compact that is reliable no other car brand can stand up to this car or lineup.

Huge disappointment
By Sarah

2015 Honda Fit LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

This was the first “brand new car” I’ve ever purchased and it’s been a huge disappointment. The materials are cheap and there are lots of little cracks and wear well above whatvthere should be for a newer car. Seems to really lacking in quality control. The paint seems “soft” and chips very easily. The windshield cracked where the mirror attaches while I was adjusting it. The battery went bad at 35,800 miles - just under the warranty. However the biggest fiasco has been the windshield wipers. The motor went out at 49,000 (which is ridiculous) and they want $750 for just the part! That’s right - it will be over $1000 to fix the the windshield wipers on a three year old car. Honda lost a lifelong customer with this one. Wish I’d gotten a Subaru.

STAY AWAY FROM HONDA FOR NOW
By SM

2015 Honda Fit EX-L 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our whole family switched cars to Honda, Civic for sister-in-law, Fit for me, and CRV for parents-in-law all in 2015. 98,000 miles later our Fit transmission failed and we notice there was a recall for a software fix they tried using for the transmission pressure on a metal pulley not to brake or fail. Our VIN was not on there, but it appears to have the same failure everyone else from that recall described (the car stopped accelerating while I was driving- very dangerous and potentially life-threatening). All of our previous cars, we had toyota scion tc, chevy tahoe, masada miata, etc and they all laster well beyond 150,000 miles before being sold (the transmission never failed). Three years with this Honda Fit 2015 and it is dead with a $5000 repair bill from Honda. The CRV and civic have also been recalled for similar issues along with all sorts of other issues. 3 years for a car to fail and other models by the same maker having multiple recalls and an assortment of issues with the dashboard, electronics, and engine are not what we expected. A friend also recently bought a newer civic and has also experienced strange issues with changing gears on the CRVT (he usually has to with to neutral for the car to start or turn off). STAY AWAY FROM HONDA, ESPECIALLY THE FIT

Honda lost a costumer.
By Daddyjojo

2015 Honda Fit EX-L 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

At 36k miles my starter system failed, dealer is charging me 1200$ . The led display disappears when the weather is cold. The noise inside the cabin of this vehicles is too much punishment even for minor road imperfection. This is not the Honda i admired over the years. Going to Toyota or Ford.