Used 2015 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

STAY AWAY FROM HONDA FOR NOW
By SM

2015 Honda Fit EX-L 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our whole family switched cars to Honda, Civic for sister-in-law, Fit for me, and CRV for parents-in-law all in 2015. 98,000 miles later our Fit transmission failed and we notice there was a recall for a software fix they tried using for the transmission pressure on a metal pulley not to brake or fail. Our VIN was not on there, but it appears to have the same failure everyone else from that recall described (the car stopped accelerating while I was driving- very dangerous and potentially life-threatening). All of our previous cars, we had toyota scion tc, chevy tahoe, masada miata, etc and they all laster well beyond 150,000 miles before being sold (the transmission never failed). Three years with this Honda Fit 2015 and it is dead with a $5000 repair bill from Honda. The CRV and civic have also been recalled for similar issues along with all sorts of other issues. 3 years for a car to fail and other models by the same maker having multiple recalls and an assortment of issues with the dashboard, electronics, and engine are not what we expected. A friend also recently bought a newer civic and has also experienced strange issues with changing gears on the CRVT (he usually has to with to neutral for the car to start or turn off). STAY AWAY FROM HONDA, ESPECIALLY THE FIT

Honda lost a costumer.
By Daddyjojo

2015 Honda Fit EX-L 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

At 36k miles my starter system failed, dealer is charging me 1200$ . The led display disappears when the weather is cold. The noise inside the cabin of this vehicles is too much punishment even for minor road imperfection. This is not the Honda i admired over the years. Going to Toyota or Ford.

Moore's review
By Angela Moore

2015 Honda Fit LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

It's an alright car. I just wish I would of gotten something bigger

You can;t trust the internet
By Geo Tad

2015 Honda Fit EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

at 41k miles I had to replace the fuel injectors, at a cost of 1700 us dollars, the seats are uncomfortable for a long drive maybe good in the city, but not reliable, I have had fuel injected cars that went over 200K without having to change the injectors plus Honda is charging almost a 1000 for the injector set, not only that but MPG is not as advertised. I am selling this soon as I can.

3 weeks into ownership
By bicyclelady

2015 Honda Fit LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Reasons I chose the Fit over a few similar cars: large cargo with rear seats that fold flat, large hatch to access that cargo space; super gas mileage; great visibility; zippy maneuverability; adequate acceleration on freeway on ramps; brakes are smooth and good. Why I chose the LX over the EX: pinching pennies and didn't think I really cared about the extras on the EX. Why I wish I had the EX: The LX does have a bumpier ride than the EX I test drove, and now that cold weather is here I am really wishing I had heated seats. Might prove to have been worth the $1.5K extra over the years I plan to keep the car. What I don't like so far: When defroster on, the air tends blow into my eyes! Bad for contact lens wearer or those with dry eye problems. So far, on cold mornings the insides of the windows fog up at first before defroster really gets to work. Haven't had the chance to try the A/C to test the cooling capability. Also, the sun reflects off the big and deep dash back onto the windshield, making the glass seem foggy always and reducing visibility. I also need to slide the seat back for ease of getting in and out -- when adjusted to my preferred driving position, it is a snug squeeze in and out (I am 5'5" and 133# -- not chunky by any means). I had to turn the headrest around because I prefer to sit more upright instead of slouched back, and it forced my head forward into a position that became painful after a longer- than- test drive . How the Fit compares to the Versa that I'd had for the past 9 years: Driver's seat cushioning/design and driving position less comfortable for this person than the Versa, Fit has better design of the cargo space (Versa seatback leaves a 4.5" hump when folded down); My Fit did not come with a cargo space cover, not sure if it is offered as does the Versa; Fit has better gas mileage and feels zippier to drive; Versa feels a bit more solid. Fits for similar age and mileage are more expensive.