Used 2011 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Honda does not Fit
By dillpickle1

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I followed Edmunds and Consumer Reports great ratings and bought a Honda Fit.
BIG MISTAKE!! Worst Honda ever and would not buy again.
4 safety recalls and counting. Very harsh ride and "go-car" handling on interstate....very scary. Poor fit and finish compared to older Honda's. Tires are terrible and should be recalled. Should be Michelins. Bald tires at 25,000 miles but rotated every 7,000!! Body metal is suspect and very thin. Fascia trim falling off car.
Transmission shifting poorly timed and paddle shifters are a JOKE. What more can I say....

Interior layout and design is excellent. Too bad the rest of the car is not as well designed and manufactured. Honda should have left this design and engineering in Europe where they tolerate lower standards!!

Dump the Fit model and stick with Civic and Accord. Better choices in a car but Honda quality is definately going in the wrong direction! Their competition gets it! I really cannot understand all the reviewers and people who love this car....no accounting for taste I guess!

2011 Honda Fit - excellent for the appropriate mission
By bobg57

2011 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Love it. Great long distance commuter. Rear seats fold upwards or store in the floor creating enormous amount of space. Air conditioner OK, certainly up to 95 degrees outside temp. I passed through Needles when it was 109, comfortable enough. No electrical problems. Coming up on 10,000 miles with 30% oil life left. Trust the engineers, not your SuperLube down the street. Gas mileage is fantastic, without air conditioning I drove 457 miles on one tank at 42.9 MPG at 65MPH on mountainous roads. More usual fuel average is 35. Don't buy this vehicle as a street racer, why people get this thing with a paddle shifter is beyond me and a total waste of money. Note: I drive by myself 95% of the time.

Pro: rear seat configuration options and cargo area versatility, large rear hatch. Gas mileage! Con: front seats are uncomfortable with excessive lumbar and have to be modified by the upholsterer.

Front seats. Just cannot think of anything else.

Hond Fit may not fit you
By jul7

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

After a thorough and time-consuming study, bought the well-mouthed Honda fit.
Both the Edmunds and consumer-guide recommend subcompact.
months of driving,
comes
comments.
1: it's city car, not for highways. you can't over pass anyone, the maximum speed I can reach on Rt 90 is 92mph.
slow acceleration ( Mine is auto), the 5sp is likely better, so be prepared,
it's not CRX or hatch,
buy a 5sp unless you have to drive an auto.
drive like a Geo Metro in my case.
3: paddle shifter is useless in most cases, the 1st and 2nd gears engagement quickly, that's also make you feel very sluggish. unless you shift into 2nd gear directly.
4 under hood center console ridge touch your knee. beware

Styling and driver armrest. 1.5L live i vtec engine. magic seats magically works great,

1 Need re-design the center console hood flush area to make your right leg/knee more comfortable 2 need gear engagement change on the 1st and 2nd 3 may be a lighter color interior would be better besides the black. 4 can't figure out why the tail light bulb burns so quickly, my other 04 model Toyota matrix works for 7 years now without a single problem. this Fit had such a minor problem within 3 months. 5 had an used CRX (5sp) before, it's really a great car. you can't expect the Fit like that, CRZ? well it's a wagon with modernized everything, ( air bags, EBS, etc), should not a direct comparison. 6 It will fit if the above attended.

What a horrible mistake.
By orangesmoke

2011 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was taken in by the reviews.
I test drove it and fell in love.
I thought it was the best car out there for me.
Then I bought it.

The a/c doesn't work, blows hot air.
Honda assures me this is normal.
After a 6 hour drive I'm sweating and my a/c is putting out 70 degree air.

The headlights flicker at night.
Honda says this is because the a/c is on and I should shut it off.
Sure enough, if I turn the a/c off the lights stop flickering and the temperature of the car goes up to 80.

I have a manual.
I try to put it in reverse and have to double clutch it.
Honda says that all manual transmissions do this.
I replaced a 1990 Toyota Camry with this Fit that says otherwise.

I'm 5'1". There is NO position in which the headrest does not force my head down. The head rest is tilted so far forward that I have to lean the seat way back so the head rest doesn't push my head and I can see over the dash. My back hates me for buying this car. My eyes hate me for buying this car. I hate this car. I regret this purchase so much... I was happier with my 21 year old car, problems and all. At least the headlights and the a/c worked and I could drive it. I now have 5000 miles on this car after 1 month of ownership. I want to sell it and get out from under it as soon as possible. Before more Honda tricks rise up to bite me you know where.

If you never drive at night, are at least 5'10" tall, don't back out of parking spaces regularly, and don't use the a/c, then this is a great little car. Otherwise- stay away.

air conditioning problems?
By jerdude73

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

is it me or is mine the only one that the air conditioner compressor goes on and off while the a/c is on.
you notice a huge difference in the temperature.
the dealer said that this is normal after checking out my car.
they tried getting the moisture out of the unit but it still does this.
is this normal?
and gas mileage is actually running about 28mpg combined.
not as good as i expected

a/c