Used 2011 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Reliability issues
By autonix

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Less than 3 years old and have already had to have valves adjusted and the heater blower motor replaced!
Definitely reliability issues.

Great gas mileage, until the valves go out of adjustment. Literally half the gas mileage at that point. Love the way it parks anywhere!

Cupholder under the console? Pretty much unusable except for coin holders.

Not one does econobox better
By 204meca

2011 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I'm bias,
this is the 8th Honda I have owned. While not as fun as the Del Sol or as economical as the late 80s models, it does everything well.
It hauls almost as much as our 2010 Outback, using 1/3rd less gas.
Consistently gets 37-38 mpg in mixed driving, tops 40 with consistent driving under 70 mph. The Fit is just plain easy & fun to drive. I opted for the Base to for the better gas mileage & ride.
Outfitted with better tires & aftermarket rear sway it never lost its composure driven as when driven as hard as possible in performance driving school. My only complaints are road noise & the fact that my thighs get a little sore after 90 minutes behind the wheel - not good for distances

Flexible space / utility, fuel mileage, fun factor. Even the Base model is well equipped. Reliablity - no problems with 11,000 miles.

Less road noise - I think they improved that in 2012. Standard center armrest storage - I had to get an after market one

Tires burst easily on tiny tires
By bbillyo

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

2 blowouts in a few months. $170 a pop. Get a better car.

Fit to Impress
By arbolero

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only used half a tank, but I am eager to share my first impression of the car.
I'll start with the bad.

Sport, implying some relativity to a sports car, is not an accurate description. Yes, it's nimble, eagerly reving, and fun to drive, but it lacks proper acceleration, maneuverability, or pedigree to be a member of this class. The Fit's enormously practical design would make it the odd-car-out if it shared some tile in the showroom of sport thoroughbreds.

But I didn't need another car with senseless horsepower and "member" compensating qualities. This time, I was in the market for sensible.
Plus, Honda was wise enough to forego a Sport badge on the rear gate, so, we can let it be

Exterior styling, roomy cabin, versatile cargo area, driver visibility, light and nimble driving impression, fuel economy, notorious for reliability, well deserved brand recognition, fit and finish. Reasons it's better than the others: Driver visibility, roomy cabin, versatile cargo area, reliability, and lasting interior and exterior design Being frugal, I know that driving a vehicle for it's lifetime earns the greates return on your vehicle investment. I also know, from past experience, the carmaker has this kind of driver in mind. The average age of a vehicle on the road is over 10 year and I'm glad to know that my caremaker helped leverage the data :)

I already bashed the poor car for it's unjustifiable clame to the sport category, so, I won't repeat it. Stop being so awesome. The others are beginning to resent you. Lastly, increase the seat adjustment to accomodate 6'6"+ persons.

the Fit is It
By dan_patterson

2011 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 Fit, base automatic, for commuter duty. I wanted Honda quality in a practical, non-flashy, and inexpensive package, and the Fit is exactly that.

I could wish for more comfortable seats, a couple more inches of footroom, and a center console, but the list of standard features is quite long already. I like the fact that it's tall enough that I don't bang my head on the door frame when getting in and out. It can hold a lot of stuff and is still small enough to be easy to park.

Certainly it doesn't have a lot of power and it doesn't have unusually good handling- but it is unsurpassed at collecting groceries.

9k miles so far and no problems.

5-spd auto, cruise, AUX input for radio, power windows and locks, versatile cargo area

seats could be more comfortable, could use more footroom, needs center console