Used 2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Love my Fit
By Len

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had my Fit for a week, but on a mix of driving it is getting 37.4 mpg according to the instruments. Tomorrow I will fill it up for the first time and calculate the mpg. My wife has a Fit and over the past two months it has proven to be a fine little vehicle. The Honda attention to detail is really nice, I could not find an assembly flaw. The electric power steering will take some getting use to, but I enjoy driving the car. The Honda dealer was a joy after many bad car dealers I have experienced. The instruments say it is getting 50 mpg at 50 mph and 40 mpg at 60 mph. Really amazing and much better than I would have expected before seeing how my wife's was.

Miles per gallon! Flawless assembly. Smooth running engine. Low insurance rates.

Satellite radio option without navigation package.

Workhorse
By Porter

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just wanted to say that my Honda fit has been amazing. I use it for delivering pizza at night. I'm currently getting 33 MPG in all in town deliveries. with great performance with a very quick automatic 6 spd trans. Just remember not to load this car down MPG is killed with any extra weight.

6 cup holders and lots of room for such a small car.

Weight is the killer on this car. I put 1 ice chest and 1 passenger and mpg went way down. I think Honda could offer an "ECO" Fit. No ac. No sound system. back seat deletion. 1 wiper in front. back wiper deletion etc. May get 40 mpg in town with more power & performance even with an automatic.

My Analysis
By The Dork

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Alright, I think this car is great. More specifically a car that is made for me. If you're a new driver this has the proper features to teach you good driving like a lower hp so you aren't getting reckless and learning how to accelerate and decelerate properly. I've never learned stick so I got the sport auto which is really cool. I can learn how to handle the gears and rpm to practice smooth driving. So I would def suggest sport auto too against manual. Not an expert driver but the feel it has when driving is nice. The xtra features with sport is def worth the cost. The road noise kinda loud but you can hear your engine and hear the revs. Again, I think sport auto is a great learner car.

small car comes in handy, paddle shifters r great for those who don't know manual but want to learn one day, driving is fun every time, space is great, speakers nice(bass nice), mass cup holders, mpg pretty good, fog lights look cool, spoiler and underbody kit looks cool too

the bulbous shape of the car is not the most attractive, but the sport model still looks pretty awesome. vision could use a little work on the driver's side rear view but it not bad. it is tough to get higher mph. it can go up to say 90 but you might cringe a little. but 0-60 really not bad

Best buy in this price range
By seetheoceanblue

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Fit, loved them both - I've noticed a considerable improvement in mileage over my 2008 Fit. After 1600 miles I'm averaging 32 mpg in mixed driving and the mpg is still increasing. I attribute part of this to paying some attention to that annoying but useful mpg bar display in the center driver's console. You WILL get better mileage with a Civic or Corolla sedan, but you won't be able to haul washing machines, large dressers, and find other amazing uses as with the Fit. Great for a single like me with no friends with pick-up trucks or SUVs. It's the best compromise between utility and economy in available US cars today, period.

Mpg, exterior design, tight handling, excellent stereo for economy car, outstanding visibility, incredible cargo capacity, easy to park and navigate tight urban spaces (e.g., Boston).

Go back to the less chincy looking interior, add the front leg room back, and put back the hooks for the right kind of all-season mats (all perfect in the 2008 model); provide an option for a tan interior color and fabric that doesn't show every dust speck

Great big little car
By UofAalum

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a 2008 Altima 6-speed manual for the 5-speed manual base Fit (which was hard to find, but I only buy manuals). Amazing interior room for the exterior size. Great ride and handling. While it wouldn't win a drag race with the Altima, it is just as much fun to drive. Test drove the Sport with the paddle shifters, but the manual is much more responsive -- sure, there's some engine noise when you get up into the power range (>4K RPM), but it's smooth as silk at all RPM and if you keep it in its power range it's very responsive. Getting 31 mpg in town and up to 40 on the road at speeds of 60- 70. Above 70 mph the MPG drops fast as RPM go well above 3K. Great car!

Slick manual transmission that, when used correctly, makes it a fine performer. Great interior room and very supportive seats. Great ride for a car of this size. Nice dash and controls. Exterior looks are good to me, but fairly radical and may not suit everyone. Fun to drive factor is a 10.

Needs a 6-speed manual for freeway cruising at lower RPM. Lack of standard keyless entry on base model. Power lock control is only available at the drivers seat. Huge A-pillar blocks view on sharp left curves on mountain roads.