Used 2010 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Love My Fit!
By a_reality

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I searched around for a long time at different car models before finally purchasing my Fit. I could not be happy. I live in a dense downtown area so I needed a car that was both small but could haul a lot of stuff. This car seriously has more room on the inside when the seats are folded down then some SUVs my friends own. You can tell a lot of thought went into the design of this vehicle. Visibility is outstanding! The ride is comfortable and no it won't win any speed records but if I wanted that I would buy a sports car. Worth every penny.

Great view of the road, comfortable and well thought out interior, lots of cargo room!

I do think the cup holders in front of the vents are a bit silly. I just use the center cup holders.

Fantastic car for the money
By RJS

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for 2 weeks now. The gas mileage is outstanding, averaging in the low 30s, and I am not having to drive like an old man to achieve it. It begs to be driven lively, and its engine loves to rev. It looks small, but it has tons of space on the inside, and its build quality is so much better than anything else in its price range.

The IPod interface, the "magic" seats, the amazingly smooth shifter, and the fuel economy.

The A/C is a little weak, especially on hot days.

Excellent Small Car
By James

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I selected the 5-speed manual as the automatic stole too much power from the engine. The manual offers surprising performance, smooth acceleration, and is averaging a 28-30 MPG around town. Very fun to drive and has good handling for small car. It can be loud at highway speeds due to road noise and high engine RPM. No problems with front seat comfort as others mention I am 6'2". The rear magic seat is amazing. With everything folded down, the fit will swallow an unbelievable amount of cargo, surpassing many small SUVs. Audio system is excellent. Interior design is simple and functional, but does not feel cheap. No other small car can provide so much value and versatility.

Fun to drive. Rear magic seat. Audio system. Value for money / low operating costs. Build quality.

Should have 6th gear to reduce engine RPM at highway speeds. Shifting and engine response can be clumsy at times during light acceleration, but is turbine smooth when you step on it. Would have expected slightly better MPG due to light weight and small engine.

Great little car
By Chuck Rule

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

A long time Honda owner, I just traded a Ridgeline, and I couldn't be happier. I put a lot of miles on my cars so I needed better fuel mileage. This car gets better than advertised. First tank 40 mpg (1/2 city/hwy). I used the a/c a lot on my second tank and got 37. I drive with a light foot, keep it in sport mode and shift up often, can't help to think what this car's mileage and performance could be w/ a DSG . This car is screwed together well. very tight with no squeaks or rattles. Stereo is nice quality and I got a few things that the Ridgeline didn't offer in 2008, like telescoping steering wheel, fog lights, and daytime running lights. For the price this Honda has a winner here.

Sport mode, tilt/telescoping wheel, i-pod connect, extremely versatile interior. I also like the overall unique look.

6 -speed DSG dual clutch transmission. This alone would shave weight, 2 seconds off 0-60 times and get the mpg well into the 40's. That would make this car truly a 'Sport'

Fit reality check
By fitness

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Fit is perfect for city and occasional short trip on the highway. With only 185/55/16 tires and narrow stance it easily gets blown around at highway speeds, the 1.5 liter motor works really hard and noisy just to get up 65 mph highway speeds. It does not like going 75 mph. My sport model lacks a lot of amenities. No floor mats, no door sill protectors, no cargo cover, cheap interior materials, lacks quality materials compared to the civics. Honda really skimp on this bare and basic model car. For the same price, I could have gotten the civic lx 4 door. I really think this sport model with automatic should have an msrp of around 15,000 tops and sold for maybe around 13,000 or so easily

It is a small car with good utility and it looks nice from the outside and good re-sale value. I would only recommend this car if you are only looking for something to scoot around in the city, definitely not a highway cruiser, get a civic for that. I only bought it for fun but planning to sell soon

for msrp of 18k or so, honda should have standard carpeted floor mats, cargo cover, door sill protectors, center arm rest, better storage instead of numerous ridiculous useless cup holders. put in a 1.8 L civic motor, my 2010 civic gets 35mpg and it weighs more. Come on Honda get with it.