Used 2010 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

A Turd!
By enginagogo

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car straight from the boat-with 6 miles. The 6 months were fine but since, it's been a rattling, oil leaking piece of junk. I have had to take it in to have it looked at for rattling once and have to take it back again. At 60 mph, it rattles and whines. The Fit is the cheapest car in the Honda line-up and it shows. It's cheap. I can't wait to be rid of it.

Fuel Economy, Space

Quality!

New Honda Fit Sport 2010
By dakotarain

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a Honda Fit Sport 2010 after months of research. I love my new car, great price, and financing. It is super fun to zip around town in and looks so sporty. Gas mileage on the way home from the purchase was over 35 miles per gallon. I commute a total of 50 miles a day and usually have over 1/4 tank left over at the end of the week. My only complaint is that I have nowhere to rest my elbow while driving. The door arm rest is too low and the little driver side arm rest is too short. It's awkward to find a comfortable driving position. I had to buy my own Honda floor mats as they refused to throw them in on the deal.

Versatility of cargo area. Lifting the back seat up gives plenty of height for tall objects. Seats laid flat give an unbelievable amount of cargo space for bulky objects. Love the cup holders on the dash but the vent blows warm air on the drink even when the heater is on floor position.

Offer a light colored interior for the sport model. The black interior is the only option and can be dark and dreary. Fix arm rests so that it has a more comfortable driving position for arms.

Small outside, Large inside
By dutch

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Needed a small versatile car with good fuel economy. Considered Prius but could not justify additional cost given low annual mileage. Also wanted car with large doors and easy to get in and out. Looked at Ford fiesta. But build quality and costs drove decision to Honda fit. Toyota Yaris cute but no 5 door. So far really happy with the fit.

Configuration of engine forward makes car seem much larger than it is.

Four wheel disks and alloy wheels standard on base model.

Fit Fits Me
By morjoie

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is adorable and I love the roomy inside. The magic seat configurations are ingenious. I love the huge panoramic windshield. Although some have complained about the seats, it seems to work for my 5'2" frame. So far, no problems accelerating or braking. MPG is all that was advertised, as I get 36-37 mpg with a mix of mostly highway and some city driving. Shifting with the 5 speed manual transmission is surprisingly smooth, although the clutch could be firmer. I wish VSA, steering wheel controls and bluetooth were available without Nav. I didn't like having to pay extra for a cargo cover. Also, 10 cup holders seems excessive and their placement is not helpful.

Front windshield, magic seats, smooth shifting, color, storage options, gas mileage, car stereo USB and aux jack, remote keyless entry, radio anti-theft feature, fog lights, overall "cuteness" factor

More info on car computer needed, make heated seats and outside mirrors available, more powerful air conditioner due to huge windshield, better cup holder placement, lock and more room for glove box, car stereo control from steering wheel without Nav

Hurts to drive
By Mamabear

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We bought my '10 Fit in Dec 2009 and after having it for less than a year I regret this decision. While it does get phenomenal gas mileage (36 mpg avg) it has become very uncomfortable to drive. I bought a flat, memory foam pillow to add comfort for my back but this has only made the neck pain worse because of lack of support. When I don't use the cushion for my back, my neck is pushed forward at an odd and very uncomfortable angle. Another issue I have with the car are the useless sun visors. Why bother! While the car is cheap to own, I do regret buying because now I'm stuck with it :(

Easy to maintain, inexpensive to own, fun to drive

Adjustable steering wheel, height adjustable driver's seat, comfortable seating, higher end cloth interior in gray and black, ditch the side window pillars, they create a blind spot