Used 2009 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 251 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Update from one year ago
By Warren

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

These past 2 weeks we took a trip from North Haven, Ct. to the exact same location 2 weeks in a row. I filled up when we left and refilled after the return trip both times. This is the first time that we took exclusive all highway driving , up to now it has always been a combination of city/highway. The first week we used 2.44 gallons, traveled 114 miles and achieved 46.7 mpg. The second we used 2.31 gallons and traveled 114.4 miles for 49.5 mpg. We very carefully watch the mpg. slide bar and apparently it pays off. We have been achieving combined city/highway 33-37mpg. since we have owned our Fit base automatic for the past 16 months. -Warren.

Fantastic gas mileage. Plenty of leg room and visibility. Great cargo space with fold up seats.

Should come with floor mats.

Biggest Little Car You'll Ever Own!
By Meredith Lahmann

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Fit after 16 and a half happy years with my Civic. I had tested several other cars but fell in love with the Fit. The interior is huge with amble leg room, seats that adjust comfortable with good lumbar support. The back seats are amazing with seats going up for to haul tall items or down for an enormous storage when needed. Unlike my Civic, the back seats are very comfortable. It is a small car so acceleration might not be that of a high performance sport car, but perfectly adequate for town or highway. I am a gentle driver and get 35-37 around town and an amazing 40-43 on the highway. It is sporty to drive with wonderful visibility. I just love this car!

Excellent mpg and incredible room make this car a delight

The paddle shifters tend to block the visibility of the other controls such as lights. These should be changed. The black interior shows every bit of lint and there are no options on this. Highway noise might be improved.

What a car!
By j

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've been a Honda owner for 25+ years and I love my Fit. It's my favorite Honda to date. It's the most sensible car I've ever owned. I'm getting 33 mpg around town and close to 40 on the open road. It's surprisingly comfortable on long rides. I love its super versatility and its deceiving amount of cargo room. I easily fit a full size washing machine in the back. Maybe that's why they call it the FIT, everything seams to FIT. In my book it beats the heck out of any boxy top heavy gas guzzling SUV.

the thing I love the best about the Fit is the magic seats. I just love the versatility they provide. I also love the value. I compared the Fit to the Prius and figured it would take me 10 years to break even if I bought the high priced Prius.

A plusher interior, a tan interior for us southern folks, better exterior colors, satellite radio and bluetooth would put this car over the top! The biggest rip off on the car is the Navigation. It's way out of date and is not capable of giving you traffic information.

Good Fit
By hellcatholly

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 09 base/ Fit for about a year now. I love the car! I average about 38mpg. Even on major road trips, packed full of gear I averaged 36. Not the most powerful car, but I'd rather have good mileage. My husband is over 6' tall and he has plenty of room over his head(hard to find in a small car)The road noise is considerable on highways, but my previous cars were Saturns so I'm used to that. I had to get used to not seeing the nose of the car (since it is so low). I had never had a hatch b. before & had to get used to the corner blind spots while backing up. I also noticed a blind spot at the front window bars while turning into a deep curves, just a matter of moving your head.

roomy interior. hatchback. overall look of exterior. Easy to fit into small spaces. What used to be a 3 point turn is now just a turn. mpg. 2 glove compartments. fold up(or down) rear seats.

cargo cover and mats should come with the car.

Purpose Built Vehicle DELIVERS!
By Lyon[Nightroad]

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

What a great car. The design is sharp and sporty. Handling is superb and road feel is good. The high steering ratio increases it's fun-to-drive appeal. I have driven faster cars, bigger cars, and more luxurious cars, but in the end the Honda Fit is a true purpose built vehicle that makes me want to drive to work. Road noise is typically Honda-like but the great audio system makes up for it. The negative consumer reviews thus far are absurd, It sounds like some drivers are let down that it is not a luxury- sport-utility-hybrid super vehicle. It merely takes aspects from each and puts it a great price point. No other vehicle in it's class will make you compromise less.

Honda Reliability (29,000 Miles and not a single defect); Paddle shifters; excellent road view; 90 amp alternator (for your aftermarket audio toys); Magic Seats!; Uncommon vehicle on the road in some regions (who wants to drive a car that everyone else is driving?); Handling; Sport Mode

Needs an 'SI' model with a b16/k20. Stock tires aren't great. Upgrade to 205/50/16 and you will be rewarded with more crosswind resistance even greater stability and excellent improvement in Lateral G's.