Used 2009 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 250 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Best of the Best
By Batman

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car after my 7year old van began to cost me more and more. I was trying to stretch it a little longer while I researched this car's overall value and other's experiences. I was hooked on its looks and functions to say the least. The fuel economy is outstanding and I have cut my monthly fuel cost by 60 percent. I average about 36 driving around town. I have owned a lot of different vehicles and this car is a winner. For driving such a great little car with big features sure puts a smile on my face. My neighbors mentioned how kool it looks. I get people always asking about it. Great car with or without hybrid technology. Buy one and have fun saving $$$$.

Fun to drive, paddle shifters, roominess, navi, style, sewing machine motor, a mini-mini van, more money in my pocket, Car and Drivers 10 Best, IIHS Crash tests results=GOOD, Vehicle Stability Control in case I make a mistake driving. Great insurance rates.

Have not found any to date.

Great Little (big) Car
By Jim Davis

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the Fit Sport to use as a short to moderate distance economy driver and it has served very well but it took a while to warm up to the ride (very stiff). The handling is very good though and there is an amazing amount of usable space considering the vehicle dimensions. Power is adequate (with the automatic) but by no means sporty. The transmission works well and I appreciate the paddle shifter option (keeps the transmission from shifting up and down so much in hilly country when using cruise control). Front seat comfort good, visibility is outstanding. Controls are easy to use and gauges easy to read. Great city car & adequate cruiser (wind moves it around a lot on the highway).

Good fuel mileage (averaging 33 with high of 43 and low of 25). 10 cup and bottle holders (very handy). The "magic" back seats are great (lets you carry tall items). Extremely maneuverable and easy to park (short turning radius). Relatively quiet. Everything works like it should.

Different upholstery material. Everything sticks to it (like Velcro) and the availability of a color besides black. Improved ride comfort. I appreciate a good handling car (own a BMW) but a better balance of handling versus ride comfort in this type of car would be appreciated by most people.

Good little car, but miss my SUV
By Tina B

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Fit is definitely a good car, but I am suffering a serious case of buyer's remorse. I had an SUV before getting the Fit. Do your homework for sure. I did not get a good deal on it, which is part of my regrets. I think you can get a lot more car for the same price if you went with a Mazda 3 for example. I really wish I would have gotten that instead. Gas mileage is good, but the on-board gauge is off. When it says I'm getting 37 mpg, it really is around 32. Still good, but instrument is unreliable. You have to pay extra for many features that are standard for other models. Insurance higher than on previous SUV. Check w/ your agent first.

Instrument layout, color (blackberry pearl), very stable traction for a small car, decent gas mileage

Cargo space. Would like to be able to fit two suitcases in back WITHOUT folding down seats. USB cable should be closer to driver. Is way on far right. Makes no sense; also iPod controls through radio are not good. Price.

Another Happy Customer
By James

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We truly enjoy the performance of this vehicle. Even though Honda Fit has a small engine, it picks up speed easily. We have no problem recommending this car to our friends.

It is a well designed driving machine.

Will be nice if there is an arm rest on passenger side.

Fell in love with the Fit
By FES

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my Honda Fit Sport-it was love at first sight. Great car, Honda has at least a 9+, in this one. Interstate driving is a breeze, When I started looking I was gong to check out the Toyota Yaris, but stopped by the Honda dealer first, and that is as far as I got. It rides great, is sporty looking, and has great fuel mileage and it's not even broke in yet.

Style, inside and out. MPG.

Center console or at least a passenger arm rest.