Used 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 247 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Great car even without extra options
By Ethel

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is the basic automatic Fit, no options. 6'1" husband says it feels spacier than our minivan in the driver's seat. Fitting two kids in the back is less hassle than our minivan, and even 3 is expected to be easier (will need to buy skinny booster seats for older kids). MPG is amazing! I'm getting 44 mpg round trip on my 25 mile one-way mostly-highway commute. Plenty of space in the back for most groceries and light travel, even without folding down the back seats. CD player can do MP3 and WMA - nice! A/C handled 103 degree weather without being turned up all the way. No real blind-spots. We do miss cruise control and keyless entry (options). The headrests annoy both of us.

Spacious interior design, folding seats, latch system for carseats, high MPG, MP3/WMA CD player, hatchback, no major blind spots, safety ratings, low total cost to own, extra glove box

Ability to reset trip meter from avg. MPG screen (you have to switch to trip miles screen to reset). Headrests that adjust forwards and back would help comfort. Green as a color option would be great. Driver / passenger cup holders are a bit hard to reach, would like them less out-of-the-way

The perfect "FIT" for our lifestyle.
By responderG

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I live in a retirement community where we make alot of short trips to the stores, parks and etc. The Honda Fit Sport /w AT that we purchased, fullfills most of our expectations. We`re very satisfied with the running performance of this car.

The utility aspect of this car is great. The hatchback provides easy entry w/ push-down back seats for more storage and push-up seats as well for taller objects such as plants and shrubs.

Difficulty to read the speedometer w/ the red dial over the dark background. Hard to judge distance from the drivers seat to the front of the car when parking.

to expensive
By Pancho

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My fit is a EX version after 5 months of driving it i feel that I could get a better car for my money, the fit power is poor (and winth a/c on is worse), the engine noise in the cabin is loud, the plastic is to cheap, I don´t like it after 5 months,since I bought it, the dealer change 1 sun visor, 1 plastic cover on the floor, the center air vents because when you put the a/c on 3 or 4 it clouse, and the boring noises are on all over the car those that are form plastic to plastic.

the controls on the steerin wheel, big mirrors, mp3 stero.

better plastics, more power (1.8 could be nice), on/off position on center air vent, in this way you can cool the cans on the side cupholders.

Fit not for me
By Justin Slocum

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a Honda Fit Sport with the 5 speed manual gear box and overall it's a very solid car but I traded it in for the following reasons.. The steering is way too quick and downright squirrely at highway speeds.. Around town it's not really a problem but on the highway it's annoying. You're constantly keeping the car on track. Secondly, at highway speeds it seems to be very susceptible to crosswinds because of its weight and body design. I would have to white knuckle the thing going on long trips with it. Lastly, it's geared too short. You're constantly shifting and the engine drones at highway speeds. Traded up to a civic ex coupe. I wouldn't advise buying this car at all.

Reliable, Good gas mileage and tons of space.

Bigger tires, change the steering dynamics, Do something about the crosswinds susceptibility.

Mini Minivan
By Wow!

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a small car with great gas mileage, lots of interior room, look no further this is it! From the outside the car looks tiny but the room inside is amazing - like a mini minivan.

Interior room, versatile rear seats hatchback, fuel economy and It's a Honda.

Make cruise standard on base model.