Used 2009 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

BIG little car
By Alexander

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a GREAT small car for the money. Have wanted a FIT for quite some time. Last year we needed to replace an aging minivan. Did a lot of research and fell in love with the FIT. However, it was just a tad too small for our needs as we needed the capability of transporting 6-7 in a pinch. Went with the Kia Rondo but dealer just did not want to give us fair value in trade in for the van so we decided to keep it. Well, it all worked out for the best since now we traded it in under the cash for clunkers program toward a new FIT. This car just impressed me from day 1. I love driving it. GREAT mpg, averaging 41.5 right now but I am admittedly babying it to see how much I can get.

Gas mileage, magic seats, visibility, manual trans is SMOOTH, interior refinement for price, dash/instrument cluster, price, nice ride.

Vehicle stability control should be option on all trims not just top model with NAVI.

Paint Loss
By rlw6664

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Pleased with this car so far but have only owned it since July 27,2009. I have put 225 miles on it as of today July 31. My excitement over owning my first new car is fading very quickly (haven't made 1st payt. yet) as of today I am starting to see small paint chips come off the hatchback door. You can see white base/primer coat where the blue paint use to be. So far I have counted 9 different spots. They are aprox. the size of a match head. As I was washing it today a chip of paint aprox. 1/4" wide by 3/4" long came off as I was wiping the water off by the driver's side door, down by the front qtr. panel trailing edge. Also noticed a lot of water allowed between doors and bottom sills.

Convenience of controls,all within easy reach. Tilt/telescoping steering wheel. Roominess for a small car. Decent riding comfort. Economical.

Better paint,inside and out(especially outside). Paint finish rough or partially finished in areas not normally visible. No excuse for exterior paint loss regardless of price paid for any vehicle. Always heard and read Honda quality heads above the competition. Not so sure after today.

Great car even without extra options
By Ethel

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is the basic automatic Fit, no options. 6'1" husband says it feels spacier than our minivan in the driver's seat. Fitting two kids in the back is less hassle than our minivan, and even 3 is expected to be easier (will need to buy skinny booster seats for older kids). MPG is amazing! I'm getting 44 mpg round trip on my 25 mile one-way mostly-highway commute. Plenty of space in the back for most groceries and light travel, even without folding down the back seats. CD player can do MP3 and WMA - nice! A/C handled 103 degree weather without being turned up all the way. No real blind-spots. We do miss cruise control and keyless entry (options). The headrests annoy both of us.

Spacious interior design, folding seats, latch system for carseats, high MPG, MP3/WMA CD player, hatchback, no major blind spots, safety ratings, low total cost to own, extra glove box

Ability to reset trip meter from avg. MPG screen (you have to switch to trip miles screen to reset). Headrests that adjust forwards and back would help comfort. Green as a color option would be great. Driver / passenger cup holders are a bit hard to reach, would like them less out-of-the-way

The perfect "FIT" for our lifestyle.
By responderG

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I live in a retirement community where we make alot of short trips to the stores, parks and etc. The Honda Fit Sport /w AT that we purchased, fullfills most of our expectations. We`re very satisfied with the running performance of this car.

The utility aspect of this car is great. The hatchback provides easy entry w/ push-down back seats for more storage and push-up seats as well for taller objects such as plants and shrubs.

Difficulty to read the speedometer w/ the red dial over the dark background. Hard to judge distance from the drivers seat to the front of the car when parking.

to expensive
By Pancho

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My fit is a EX version after 5 months of driving it i feel that I could get a better car for my money, the fit power is poor (and winth a/c on is worse), the engine noise in the cabin is loud, the plastic is to cheap, I don´t like it after 5 months,since I bought it, the dealer change 1 sun visor, 1 plastic cover on the floor, the center air vents because when you put the a/c on 3 or 4 it clouse, and the boring noises are on all over the car those that are form plastic to plastic.

the controls on the steerin wheel, big mirrors, mp3 stero.

better plastics, more power (1.8 could be nice), on/off position on center air vent, in this way you can cool the cans on the side cupholders.