Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 194 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Fun Car!
By GDavis

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got 42 mpg freeway from Phoenix, az to irvine, ca. City so far is about 27-28 mpg carrying 3 people most of that time. Fun to drive, lots of pep. Costco runs not a problem. So much room that the back seats don't need to be folded down. Picked up relative from the airport with luggage and could have still fit a 4th person in the car. Reasonably comfortable for the price point. This is a great choice to replace a large SUV because you can still "fit" lots of stuff and don't fee like you're giving anything up. Haven't used my Jeep commander in weeks because this is so much fun to drive and has much better mpg than my Jeep's 12 mpg city. Not the cutest, but definitely the most practical!

Size inside.

Needs an armrest and tinted windows to keep cooler in the sun.

More fun than I expected
By Allison

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I transitioned from a basic, bare-bones Toyota Echo to the 2008 Honda Fit--what a difference. MPG is less than I was used to, but this is much more of a car and well worth the slight decrease in mileage. This car is fun and solid to drive; pickup is great, especially for a car with such little horsepower, and the car is very comfortable on long road trips. The sport model is worth the higher price, since those little luxuries all factor into the enjoyment of driving this car.

40-60 split bench rear seat, split- folding rear seatback

What's not to love?
By Lizabelle

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

So I had a Prius on hold across town, to replace my pricey Lexus, which had been costing me $200 a month in gas. But $28K is a lot of money. So on impulse, I drove into the Honda lot and saw Fit looking at me. He was hot! Drove like a dream, the folding options make him one big origami machine (for my gardening/furniture/ kid stuff). I'm getting over 30 MPG for $10K less than a Prius.

MPG, of course. And flexibility of folding seat options for cargo. Also, I like the light that goes on when your tire pressure is low, or oil needs to be changed.

Need to buy tonneau cover for the back ($150), and I bought a center armrest console ($150 - aftermarket). Would like to know outside temp. And have automatic window raiser. Moonroof option would be nice. And I had to put an aftermarket XM unit in.

Nice car, needs a few more features
By iglehart

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought it, so I cant comment on reliability. It's a blast to drive and get good gas mileage. It was reasonably prices.

Handling, Gas mileage, Honda reliability, inexpensive to maintain. I like my rust orange color.

No dead petal, no arm rest, underpowered engine. A/C? Not sure yet. I hope its not bad as other have said. I like my A/C

Very Versatile
By sherri

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I can carry passengers in comfort and almost anything I want. It's huge inside. I love to pull up to the door at Home Depot ready to load in a screen door and some 9 foot molding and see the look on everyone's face! It's really fun too.

versatility and mileage

Make it a tiny bit bit wider so 3 can sit in the back comfortably.