Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 194 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Honda Lover
By Thomas

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Since 1991 I have only driven Honda cars. I have never had any major repairs. This Fit measures up and surpasses my expectations. It is an incredible small car. I get 32 mpg in or out of traffic, virtually no road noise and the performance is equal to anything else I have driven.

Headroom, acceleration and the feel or a larger auto

Speed control for the base model

I want my Civic back!
By rubypearl

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I now have 5,000 miles on this car. I've tried to give it the benefit of doubt, but I am so frustrated with it. The engine has an annoying knock/tick on acceleration, so much, that bystanders on the street acknowledge it. Of course, the Honda mechanics don't hear it. This Fit is a squirrelly beast in the snow, and is a frightening plow, rather than "fun to drive". Having lived in Alaska for many years, I do know how to drive in snow! Luckily I no longer live there. The paint quality is less than "quality". I have the Blackberry Pearl, sport model. I highly suggest choosing a Civic over a Fit, if handling, noise, and fuel economy are important to you. I miss my Civic, LOTS!

Cargo space

Raise the frame, solve noise problems, improve paint.

Fit is Fit for me
By Joe Fleming

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best fuel economy car that Honda has to offer besides the hybrid. I love everything about this car, i loved the economy and performance so much i traded in my 2007 ridgeline for the fit. I will never get rid of this car it will be passed down to my daughter for her first car and will purchase another Honda. All in all this was the best move Honda had made, well done.

The handling, the power that this little 1.5 liter engine dishes out, and the style of the exterior, interior is rated in my eyes from 1-10 is a 10 it is a simple and easy to use layout is wonderful

Would be nice to see the fit with an SI engine. i see a lot of people out there buying superchargers and turbo kits. That alone should tell you something. Consumers would like to see a little more horsepower

Too Much Fun
By Too Much Fun

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Comments after 5 weeks. GOOD - 32 to 35mpg with the AC running 100 deg Arizona, Paddle shifters on steering wheel lots of fun, Good sound system, Inside space and seat position options awesome, Good AC in hot weather, Good handling with tight steering. NOT SO GOOD - Road noise, rides a little rough, 10.8 gal tank at 300 miles need to head for a gas station. SUMMARY - Due to my long commute I downsized from a Explorer SUV and I'm extremely happy....GT

Interior convertibility, Electronic Paddle Shifters, Gas mileage, Good looks, Air bag safety system.

Needs a storage console, however the glove box is huge. If you change the NOT SO GOODS above then you loose the GOODS. It is what it is...Awesome

Big guy in a little car.
By Jason

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After reading many conflicting reviews about space for taller drivers I decided to test drive one to see if I'd 'fit' (sorry). To my surprise I had plenty of room, just as much leg room and lots more head room than my '97 Grand Prix. I'm 6'6" and 280+ w/ size 14 feet. I had no problems whatsoever with the pedals being too close to me or each other (in both the manual and the auto). The steering wheel does not feel too far away to me, in my normal driving position, my arms are still slightly bent, but if I want to feel "racy" I can press my back into the seat and feel like I'm driving a race car with my arms stretched out. It's got plenty of pep for a car of its class.

I love the AUX input for iPods or any other audio device. The myriad options for folding the seats is great and the huge cargo area. Awesome Blackberry Pearl color - very unique (at least at the moment, I've been seeing more of then as of late).

An armrest would be great. They can be added from 3rd parties, but coming standard (or even as a factory option) would be nice.