Used 2008 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 194 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Not that small
By DAN BELL

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My new Honda fit look small but is huge inside, very smart design. Very quick consider 109 hp. Gas mileage so far 30-32 mpg mixed city & highways very stable at any speed especially on curves, it handles like any other car I drove before. Honda did a excellent job on this model

Cargo space, road handle, nice quire engine, comfortable all around, nice audio system

Would be nice to have a roof rack

poor miage
By mitzie

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my Honda Fit for the gas mileage, I was told it would get about 40 with a standard transmission. I really wanted an automatic. I have filled the tank twice and I am getting about 34 miles a gallon .. I am doing a lot of coasting and I am very disappointed. otherwise the care is great but gas counted. I was told the echo or yaris got about 40 also

love the seats

My best experience ever
By damick

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This Sport Fit is just great. I have as much front driving room as I had in a Mercury Sable. Just excellent for a 2 person car. I love it cause the room in the back when the seats are folded down is awesome. This little gas saver is loaded from a base sticker. I mean everything. Stereo is the best sound I have ever heard in a car. If you want to drive in a manual mode in an automatic transmission you can control that with a touch of a steering wheel button. You can gear down fast to a stop. I have had it up against so similar cars I will not mention and this one has class to it. The Sport I speak of. use to pay $65.00 per fill up now only $38.00 for the same distance. Buy one you will enjoy.

Look you will see. It is awesome.

It is a little rougher ride than a sedan but the gas savings is worth the ride

Love the Fit!
By Fit Fan

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

On my first tank in my 5 speed I got 34.5 mpg and that included some mountain driving - with plenty of power. My second and third tanks have been slightly over 40mpg mixed driving. I don't know where they get the EPA estimate of 28-34. I'm also very happy with how fun it is to drive (sport-car feel), the great gas mileage, and the interior space that feels like it rivals my wife's Escape. Besides much better gas mileage than advertised, my 5 speed with the 1.5 liter engine has more spunk than my big old 6 cylinder Explorer does (or ever did). When some say the Fit doesn't have enough power I'm amazed unless maybe they have the automatic which isn't quite as good on power or mpg.

Gas mileage, power, sporty driving experience, interior room, safety features and rating, and feeling like I'm doing the right thing I can (or best I can for today's world) to reduce fuel consumption.

I had to build my own center armrest, and perhaps they could offer a few more options just for fun.

Sooo bummed about LOW, LOW mileage!!!!
By katrinka

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my sixth 'new' Honda purchase, all others were Civics, both manual and AT,and I've never experienced such low mileage,in spite of driving in the same manner for 35 years. I average 20 (TWENTY!) mpg, with city/ highway combined. On one 'semi' long trip the mileage climbed to 24. Now, I am still below the supposed 1,000 mile 'break in' point, but do plan to have the vehicle examined, as I purchased it for its size, ease and mileage! GUARANTEED? Should the mileage PROBLEM be solved, I'd recommend this vehicle highly. There are options one can purchase to solve any concerns listed below. Most owners report great mileage. The MT FIT gets up to 40,as DOES my 1991/MT Honda Civ-140K!

Love the BLUE color. Easy to zoom into a prkg space from the opposite direction. Head room is exceptional! I am 5'9" (kinda tall for a female), and much of it is 'torso'. I've 5 more " of head space~ more than ANY of my previous 5 NEW Civ's! LOVE the cargo sp. Don't lv bk seats down unless abs nec! ;D

I would love more storage and a flatter front so that my cell phone could rest easily and be on speaker so that I do not have to wear a dumb hands free set. And I won't. I live in CA AND WA, so the rules are the same. Wow, no more space for a lengthy commentary. Bummer!