Used 2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 384 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Honda Fit Not yet convinced.
By Tblue32

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Thus Far we had to return it to the Dealership for front end vibration. Also I've noticed the paint on exterior scratches easily. My front spoiler Paint is cracking and peeling at the Lip. The Seats really make my hip hurt with trips over an hour. Engine is great I really appreciate it spunky. But the shift points are really annoying it feels like it hesitates when shifting at randoms times. Not smooth. I used Chevron or Shell Gas I"m only getting about 367 Miles per gallon. Not quite what Honda says. Not sure I drive pretty conservative and mostly Fwy miles. Also very odd when braking down hill the tans will downshift abruptly as I read I understand it's part of the design.

Interior Fit and Finish. Great Stereo! Enjoy the blue neon dash lights. Paddle Shifters. Honda is right on with futuristic styling. Like the sharp cutoff of the headlights. Sub Compact Euro look. Braking and Handling sharp very responsive for emergency handling. Ergonomics. Interior Room. Amenities.

More support for front seats / dead pedal / Arm Rest / Better quality paint job!! Fix the transmission shifting. Fix the rattling in the dash and the noise of the gas tank sounds like a waterfall in your dash. Plus Zero on tires. Longer warranty. Achieve actual gas mileage advertised.

Bad Driver Seat Ergonomics
By k morash

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the fit, but I can't keep it. The gas pedal is 5" off the floor and this keeps my foot almost perpendicular no matter what position I put the seat in, at the end of 30 mins I have leg cramps and heel pain. My husband is 6' and there is not enough leg room for him as the center console is too close to the gas pedal to be comfortable. The amount of time a dealer offers to test drive, it would be almost impossible to discover the bad gas pedal placement, this has developed over months of commuting. I spoke to Honda and this has not been changed in any current models, so I have to trade for something other then a Fit and maybe something other then a Honda. Too bad.

The interior hatchback space and the headroom.

Driver side ergonomics, suggestion of 6th gear to get better fuel mileage.

Don't have to spend a ton for a good car
By FitLover

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Sport model with 5-speed in Aug 2006. Have no complaints about its performance. I bought it for the gas mileage and it hasn't disappointed. In mixed driving, I still get about 35-36 mpg, and it has 80,000 miles on it now. Taken trips from ATL to: Memphis; Pennsylvania; WV (in winter); FL. Average about 41 mpg on these trips. Also haul around 3 kids. It may not be extra spacious for them, but you don't have to drive a gas-guzzling SUV when you have more than 1 child. I can't stand seeing big suburbans getting 10 mpg while my Fit hauls 3 kids just fine. So far, all is well with my Fit. I highly recommend it!

Gas mileage (even after 80k miles). Seat configuration. Passing ability at hwy speeds (can fly around cars when I drop it down into 4th). Unlike editor's review, it's really not too loud at highway speeds. Even at 80 mph, it's still smooth as can be with no rattling.

Only 2 things, wish it had a temperature gauge, only has an "H" light and a "C" light (luckily never seen the "H" light, fingers crossed). Second, on the sport model, the cost to replace the tires seems exorbitantly high, tire place told me that size wheel with directional tires costs a lot.

Love it all except
By SJD

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The driver's front seat can be a bit harsh on long trips. I am over 6 Ft tall and it takes some getting used to the lack of comfort. Buy a K&N Drop In Filter, I drive 90% highway and got a TRUE 42 MPG on my last tank doing 70 MPH. Buy an armrest on ebay ($50 bucks), best investment in the world for this car. Everything else is great as far as driving, was skeptical based on reviews here but I have seen none of the problems others have posted. MINOR DISLIKES: Taching 3500+ RPM at 70 MPH, Drivers seat needs to go back farther, not enough interior lighting, seats attract every piece of fuzz. See, I said they were minor.

Gas Mileage-If you get less than 37 MPG in this thing, there is something wrong, stereo is great for an economy car, gear box is very precise and fun to shift, lots of room for stuff, interior gauges are sweet

Really should have a 6th gear, if there was a 6th gear, this thing would easily obtain 50 MPG or better, more comfortable seats, make armrest standard

Internal Door Rust - Door Lock Failures
By JES_MA

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have garaged my FIT nightly and weekends in Massachusetts. My driver's side rear door after locking would not open with key, door pull, outside handle, or inside handle. With 35,000 miles and 37 months of ownership cost me $465 to have door forced open and entire lock / motor mechanism replaced due to severe rusting on mechanism. Makes me wonder if recalls for SRS Air bag failure due to water and the more recent drivers door electrical switches for water shorting indicate if there are leaks in the doors. Now concerned other 3 doors will need lock replacements. Has anyone else had the lock failures on their Fit? If yes check or ask about server rusting as a cause.

Capacity to haul items around, mileage get about 40 in summer and 38 in winter.

Give this vehicle a Hyundai like warranty to Honda figures it out. Stop restricting supply of the vehicle, if Japan manufacturing is too expensive move it to Mexico.