Used 2008 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

I THINK I downsized
By rick259g

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought this Element "downsizing" from a Ford Explorer with 186k miles. I have more legroom, better road visibility, passengers in back seats have more legroom than in the Explorer. Pep seems better than the heavy v6 Explorer. The gas mileage has been upsized from 15-16 MPG for the Explorer to 23-25 with the Element. I'm glad I "downsized".

interior space, road visibility, gas mileage for an SUV, handling, audio system, wipe clean seats and interior.

center console would be nice.

My SC
By Anthony

2008 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I work for Honda. i had my choice of any of the models that Honda has. I chose the element for many reason. Looks, style, diverse interior, upscale interior are just a few. I can honestly say that after 6 months I am still as happy as i was the day i bought it.

Love the upscale feel. The wheels, full colored body panels, interior features, the radio with built in subs.

SUNROOF! in dash 6 disc changer, I am having a sunroof put in mine. More aftermarket accessories, chrome I got a black sc need chrome.

Perfect Car for a Single Guy
By Vaughn

2008 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned two Mercedes and two Cadillac autos, all new cars, plus a Buick Riviera and I can honestly say that this is a far better car than any of them, and it costs 1/3 as much. This is due to the carefully thought out design, simplicity in all features, but most of all very low true cost to own with respect to both maintainability, repair costs, insurance, and related costs. I don’t care about resale value as I intend to keep this jewel for at least 10 years. The ride is great and the 166 bhp is more than adequate power. It also has very responsive steering, plus the electronics are all high quality and well conceived designs.

Steering, electronics and dash.

None

Mostly Utility, some sport
By dc10920

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very reliable, great ride and great for what I use it for. Best car in its class for a practical life. Easy to clean after the dogs have a dirty day in the park. Easy to get my mountain bikes in and out of. Outstanding for trips to Home Depot or Costco! Also, I am 6 ft 3in and this vehicle fits me better then much larger SUV's!

Easy to clean, tons of space, great for an outdoor lifestyle and tailgating at the game. Back seats fold up or remove completely with ease.

Little more power, moonroof in the front

Elementary Perfection
By Roadkill

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, the Element is exactly what I have been needing for years. The quality of build is exceptional with the ride and handling as I expected. Before purchasing, I read numerous reviews and so far no surprises. It handles the winding backroads to work with ease and gas mileage is as advertised.

Flexibility of interior. Although a little hesitant initially, I really like the rubber flooring. Makes cleanup a breeze. XM radio, 4WD, responsive engine and comfortable seating.

Factory shade for the skylight, trip computer, move main cruise control switch to a more convenient location.