Used 2007 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

The little toaster
By rpowell

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So, like everyone else... my car is my toaster. I love my toaster but I would like to say it rides very rough. It's also much noisier than my hubby's truck. but, it's spacey and really fun to drive. My friends love the back seat b/c they can see what's going on with the theater style seating plus it is really roomy in the back seat. easy to haul stuff too with the size and versatility. I love it, just wish it was less bumpy of a ride.

The sc look. It makes this car look very sporty. I love the wheels. And the center console.

i wish this car was less bumpy. Also, it would be nice to have a sunroof in the sc model. The sc is designed to be sporty, why not have a sunroof!

Love my element
By element10

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is one incredible vehicle. Perfect for my needs and one monster beast in the snow and ice. Great interior room, looks great from outside and I can easily haul just about anything. Love the fact no carpet to contend with, sweep and wipe and it's clean. Outstanding reliability. I have over 35,000 miles and have had no issues whatsoever. But then it is a Honda, I expected nothing less.

Interior space, hauling capabilities.

Sometimes having the door open the way in does for the back is a tad cumbersome but I've worked around it.

Dont knock it till u try it....
By in love w/ a element

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I fell in love with the Element when the very first one came out, with the exception of the panel on the vehicle. In '07 when I saw the SC I fell in love all over again. This car may look like a toaster, but from the inside out it is an exceptional vehicle. I love the room it provides on the inside to how there's no panel on the outside. I've had my SC since Nov. '06 and still have it today with over 37,000 miles on it and I haven't had to this day any problems with my SC, except taking it in for regular maintenance. I feel it's one of the best investments u'll ever make and u wont regret it one bit. For everyone else who's had problems I think it's the driver not the car!

There's nothing I don't like about it.

one thing and that's it needs a sun roof

Element SC - Too many problems
By iPhoneholio

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Cons: The Element is my first Honda and probably the last. Reliability and build quality was surprisingly poor with subpar components. Tires wore out at 24,000 miles, all new brakes (rotors & pads) at 30,000, speedometer broke at 5,000 miles, windshield replaced twice with mystery cracking, drivers seat cushioning compressed and wrinkled, and scheduled services are over priced. The ride of the SC model is very harsh if the road is less than perfect - I had to stop drinking coffee in the car due to it too easily splashing. Brakes are noisy even shortly after replacement. Very uncomfortable for long drives due to no "dead pedal".

The look is cool and the space in the rear is great. Love the ability to easily move the seats around without removing them.

Build quality and ride are poor for a Honda. Too many unexpected expenses in the first 30,000 miles!

2007 element
By Bobby

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Honda element. This is my second one. Only issue i have is that this is the second time that the master brake cylinder went out after about 29,000 miles. It was under warranty. I also had a 2004 element and the same thing happened. Kinda odd that it would go out in my 2007 element. I think Honda should check into a internal leap problem in the master brake cylinder. Other wise, I love my element. thanks.

Lots of space inside

Putting a moon roof closer to the middle. Putting better tires on the new car. My good year tires only got me 30,000 miles.