Used 2005 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 302 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

In the ELEMENTs
By c_go_oldland

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I hated this car at first. I opted for the manual tranny. After about 6 months behind the wheel, I fell in love and have intention of letting "scarlet" go!

I love the manual transmission and location of the shifter.

The driver & passenger seats are not the most comfortable for long trips. A lumbar support and more padding in the arm rests and seat base would be nice!

No, it really is a Honda.
By Kent

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It might look like a toaster, but inside it really is a Honda. Good build quality, though the materials seem plain or plastic, but that is what they are because the vehicle is all about being utilitarian. This vehicle really a swiss army knife that you can drive. The doors open wide (side loading). seats fold up and out of the way, and if you need to carry a 2X4 over 11 feet long, you open up the sun roof and stuff it in. Gas mileage at 24+ on the highway could be better. At first my wife hated my toy, however everywhere we go we seem to take it not because it rides the best it is OK, but a truck. We take it because you never know what kind or size of treasure she may find.

Ability to carry stuff, and ease of loading

Gas mileage, ride (replace the wranglers with BFGs)

An offroad interlude
By rob

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my E as a conscession to my then partner. I was pleasantly surprised at what it could do off the beaten path. I am also disappointed in what it lacks in power, towing ability and traction ""out of the box"".

Love the boxy body and the amount of stuff that can be jammed in the back like 18, 40# bags of sand. Not much suspension room left, but we got 'er done!

More horsepower. Please toughen up the suspension so I can pull more weight; say a medium size boat or trailer/load or a camper that weighs greater than 1500 lbs. thanks

I'm a fan for life
By E. Hall

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Element is a dream for tall people! I've more head room than any other vehicle I've every been in. Safety wise I give it outstanding marks. I was rear ended by a Chevy Tahoe doing 90mph+, I was driving 50 mph, and walked away without a scratch or bump. Also a dream for someone with shedding dogs. The Element cleans very easily.

Safety, head room, easy of cleaning.

Seats could be a bit more comfortable.

I love toast!!
By lstallberg

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is without a doubt the coolest vehicle I have ever owned!! I had not even seen the inside of one until the day I bought it. I bought the 2nd one I drove. It has a ton of room, great response for a 4 cyl engine, and a lot of cool features.

Roomy, aux jack, XM radio.

Better center console.