Used 2005 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 302 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Mila and Daniel's Element
By Mila Brothers

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is sooo much fun. We love the variety we have with the seat configurations. It's great for our two dogs because you can practically hose out the interior. The seat, dash and floor can be cleaned with a damp cloth. The only things we would change would be the center console could be higher and it could seat more than four passengers. Otherwise it's a great, durable, fun SUV!

XM Radio. High gear shift. Keyless entry. Seven speaker stereo. Unique exterior design. Fold down flat seats.

Turn the center speaker by the console into a trash can. Put center console higher. More seating.

In my element
By J. Hubartt

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 7 Hondas in my life and this one is the most fun.Lots of room inside, sound system kicks you know what. My two large dogs love it, its amazing how much stuff will fit in it.

Interior is very durable and easy to clean,sound system with sub rocks. Goes thru snow effortlessly.

Gas mileage could be greatly improved with another gear(six speed)-22mpg. Offer single color models. 18 inch wheels as an option would be nice (something cool)

Perfect for DINKS
By foredaughs

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car, albeit a design for the under 28 crowd, is also perfect for 40+ year old DINKS (dbl income, no kids.) It is one of the most comfortable cars you can drive; we drive it long distance, 1100 miles non stop on a bimonthly basis. With the 3 dogs in the back! They are Eskies. And there is still enough room for the non-driver to catch some easy zzzz's. Vehicle is fun and ultimately practical. We plan to buy another when we hit 160,000 miles.

Roominess, stadium seating, front seat comfort, large steering wheel, and aesthetics

V-6 engine and power sun roof

Great car
By F Smith

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the vehicle to carry college supplies on 5-6 hour trips. It has not disappointed us at all. The interior is spacious and holds a lot more than might appear from the outside. The front seats are very comfortable and it handles very well. Even on long drives, I do not feel tired and don't feel the need to stop to stretch etc. The back seats are easy to take out and then reinstall. Shortcomings include its seating capacity, which is only 4 people, and its donut spare time (the wheel well is not large enough to house a full size spare). I highly recommend this vehicle and would definitely consider purchasing another one.

Great storage space, easy to adjust seating, good gas mileage.

Add a fifth seat. Enlarge the wheel well so that it can hold a full size spare tire. Allow the back windows to open to improve air flow in the interior of the car.

My most favorite car ever
By wattscyn

2005 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle, after driving everything from Cadillacs to Pintos, I can say this is my favorite car ever. It is a blast to drive and a breeze to keep clean with two kids and three dogs. I love being able to reconfigure the interior on a whim. I'm a master gardener and a tree-a-holic ( I fit five) A blast for family road trips. A great road car

The way the steering and the tires are so "tight" to each other. It's really a terrific road car. Ii live in the country in the thumb of Michigan and have more confidence in the handling of this vehicle than in any other I've owned. Even my pickups. This car really fits my life. I'll buy another

More comfortable seats. A bit hard on this 49 year old's hips and legs for long trips. More stock accessories