Used 2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 441 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Love my Element
By jasonswifey

2004 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a lot of cars and I always get sick of them quick! But I am in love with my Element and when it comes time for me to get a new car it will be a newer version! The back seat is awesome! Very spacious for long road trips and comfortable enough for 3 people without feeling crowded! I love how the back seat can either be folded up or taken out with little to no effort! And the vinyl instead makes muddy shoes and drink spills no big deal! I keep windex and paper towels in the back and when I end up with a mess it's gone quick! The front seat is also very comfortable and has lots of neat features!

The little cubby above the stereo - I have about 50 cds in there and still have room for more! I also love the beat seats. When I moved I got all of mine and my husbands stuff to the new house in 2 trips (plates, clothes, lamps, tv etc.)

Nothing really. Gas mileage could be a bit better but for an SUV its great! Also the sun roof is in the back-it would be nice to have it in the front

Great overall
By Paul A.

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great fun factor vehicle. I am getting about 25-26 miles per gallon with manual transmission. This is a great car that would serve the all the purposes: vacation, basic transportation, big item moving or purchasing. Mine is a DX, so the only thing I miss is the cruise control, everything else is very well thought and placed. I love my Element,and I plan to have it for a good while. Buyer beware: if you drive it, you'll like it... and buy it.

Manual transmission, the overall great versatility, looks small from outside, huge inside, not one of the most stolen vehicles, no timing belt to replace, higher seating position, easy in and out access, plenty of headroom (I m 6.1).

A 6th speed and an available armrest, for the ones that want one (the one available is poorly thought - we need a real one that would serve the purpose).

Ugly but love it
By cje

2004 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am happy with my Element. Took some time getting use to fine styling :-( (much like an English taxi) But it is so useful, comfortable, cleans up really well, great for hauling stuff and mine is basic beige which really hides the dirt well. I plan to drive it for at least a full 200,000 miles and forgo car payments for sometime.

Configuration of seats, easily changed around.

Windshield builds up ice on the outside edges really fast in bad weather. Blind spot is hard until you get use to it.

dangerous obstruction
By amylou

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Honda Element. Ease of cleaning is top of the list. The primary complaint I have is that there is a profound obstruction in the view of oncoming traffic due to the vertical supports on the sides of the front windshield. I have had more than two very near miss T-bones because I absolutely didn't see oncoming cars and pulled out in front of them. After I realized the problem I compensate for that now, but this is a serious safety issue.

Ease of cleaning, roominess, convertibility.

Change structure of roof supports.

Love This Thing!
By kminimax

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased this vehicle as our primary vehicle. We love it. My husband is 6'3" and has more than adequate room for him and our growing son without kicking the backs of the seats anymore. Now neither of them are eating their knees anymore like in our old sedan. I certainly would like to buy another one!

Easy to clean, fun to drive, great amounts of room!

The suicide doors could be a little easier to access but they are still fun