Used 2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 443 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Turned my opinion of it right around.
By stryker91

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw this car, I was repulsed. A front-wheel-drive SUV? What were they thinking?

But my wife has one, and I was wrong about it in every way. It's stylish, comfortable, versatile, and has more "giddyup" than one would think.

Spacious interior with water-resistant seats and rubber/plastic floor is great for pet owners. My dogs haven't left a mess I couldn't clean up yet. The plastic panels on the exterior really make it stand out from other SUVs. I've seen the other models without the panels, and it's just not as attractive. Fold-up rear seats? GENIUS. Much more utility than SUVs without this feature. Actually slept in an Element once. A little stuffy, but plenty of room, even for someone standing 6'1" like myself.

The front-wheel-drive models don't handle so well in rain, snow, ice, or mud. Lot of spinning off the line at stop signs & traffic lights. The All-Wheel-Drive model handles like a dream though. Clamshell doors make rear passenger access a real nuisance. Positioning of cigarette lighter on passenger side of vehicle presents possible inconvenience for anyone looking to charge a cell phone, GPS, or other device.

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU
By guest2011

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

'04 EX was my first SUV, first Honda. I hated the seat discomfort, the cheap-feeling floors, minor scratches/discoloration in interior plastic, exterior plastic, worn bushings, rear differential, some other minor things and annoyances. Until i bought 2014 CRV LX. After 3 yrs and 18k miles (hate driving it) I love my Element now!!! I miss it and i want it back!!! My second honda is my last, that's for sure. Element was A LOT of car for little money. Only after some time with the CRV i appreciate the Element. The CRV is like honda engineers went to the bathroom and another honda came out. I won't touch another Honda again due to build quality, and i won't touch anything american-built ever, but if any other company makes an Element-like car with good mpg i'll definitely look into it.

I loved this SUV
By mommabllck

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had this SUV for 5yrs, they only thing that I didn't like was the comfort of the seats and that the vehicle rode rough.

I loved the fact there wasn't any carpet! I also loved that the seats in the back came all the way out.

I was always smacking my head off the latch in the rear for the back door, if there was a way of eliminating that from the top and put it some where else.

2004 Honda Element 225,00.00 miles
By

2004 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hi I drive 30,000 miles a year in the Boston areaI I have just changed my roaters @ 200,00.00 miles best car ever owned- Up to 100,00 just oil change tires etc nothing major a great work horse-- honda please bring back the element its a great work vehicle

LOVED MY ELEMENT
By humphrey27

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2004 Honda Element for 6 years and recently traded it in ONLY to get a car that got better gas mileage since we moved to the country and needed a gas miser.
It had 78,000 mile on it when I traded it, and I have to say that I just loved that vehicle and I am so sorry I ever traded it.
I never had a car with that many miles on it so I was worried that it would start requiring expensive repairs so I traded it and now I am so sorry.
I LOVED THAT HONDA and it was perfect in the snow and drove well.
It was so dependable and I only replaced brakes and battery and tires in the car the whole time I had it.
I cannot say enough good about this vehicle.
Should have kept it!! A+ rating

Space and Room to Carry things and versatility in the vehicle. Dependability. Great in Snow

Only complaint I had was the back doors were a nuisance to open in a parking lot and limited space. Would not be a good car with children since very hard to access back seat. ONLY problem with vehicle I could see.