Used 2003 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 502 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Love this car
By goldschmid

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

There is no better car if you, like I, need to haul furniture or just more than you intended to buy at Costco. I have had the car for four years and almost 60,000 miles, and there have been no major repairs needed. As a result, this Element has cost far less to own and maintain than I ever expected. Although some people dislike the way the back doors open, it is a real advantage when you are trying to reach items or move bulky furniture in or out. On occasion, I have removed the back seats and used the element as a small van when moving our adult children to college or a new apartment. There is almost as much room as a small UHaul. In short, I am very satisfied with this car.

Boxy shape that maximizes hauling capacity.

Better suspension. Sometimes the ride in the back seat can be a bumpy. The front-seat ride is fine.

GinLaguna
By G. Miles

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Honda Element and would buy another one but am waiting for them to do another design so it doesn't look just like the one I am driving now which is a 2003. I like the green of the 2003 but not the 2007 green.

Carry my dog all around town so like to have the one back seat up so he can walk around

Get better sun shades for the front and sides to block out sun.Better lighting for the control panel so you can see the gas left and the mileage better.

It doesn't get better
By Paul Nerenberg

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With my very high mileage driving at mostly high speeds on all sorts of road conditions, I can truthfully say that the Element is the most pleasurable vehicle of the more than 20 I have owned. At close to 100,000 miles, I am not pleased that the struts must be replaced at extremely high cost. Other than that, I recommend this vehicle to family, friends, neighbors and strangers every chance I get.

The driver's side front door needs electric switches to open and close the rear side windows. That's all she needs.

I am in my Element
By Sue

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought someone's deal gone bad so I got some toys I might not have added to the vehicle, but I am glad I have them now. It is fun to drive. The manual shift lever is very handy (short throw)- positioned like a sports car. I love being high off the road and everyone is AMAZED at the room inside it. I use it for moving around displays and large boxes in my business.

No carpet, lots of room and the stock CD player is not bad.

have the sun roof available in all models.

2003 Honda Element
By Bob Berry

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love My Element!!! I Knew Honda would Ultimately offer painted fenders. Mine were added in 2003!!

Turn Radius. Roominess. Loadability.

More legroom for driver over 6 ft. Lighter (lbs.) rear seats.