Used 2015 Honda Crosstour Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Honda Crosstour Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crosstour model:

My little red wagon.
By Carol Tucker

2015 Honda Crosstour EX-L V6 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The only problem was problems seeing out the back. It was a pleasure to drive,a lot of pep.

Second Hand 2015 Honda Crosstour EX-L V6 w/navi
By ryhi

2015 Honda Crosstour EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First off, I never thought there would be a Crosstour in my garage. We've had good luck with Honda/Acura, our other two cars are a 2007 Honda Accord Sedan V6 6MT and a 2014 Acura ILX 2.4 6MT. We are in the late 20's and 0-2 kid demographic and wanted a hatchback for strollers and such as they start coming. I'm not too fond of the current trend of small I4s (DI Turbo or N/A) and or CVTs powering family crossovers. Between the Honda J30 V6 and the Honda/Acura K24 I4 engines we currently have we have adored the performance and delivery of the V6 so we were pretty set on having a V6 in the family hauler. I do all the maintenance myself and dont really want to jump on the Direct Injected and/or turbo 4 train just yet. We were pretty set on a used 16-18 Acura RDX in either the Tech or Advance guise, we had the money, could easily afford it and were ready to pull the trigger. I looked around at other makes and models, was tempted by the excellent CX-5 (underpowered but gorgeous) but then I noticed and remembered the Crosstour. Personally I wasn't a fan of the Accord Crosstour (10-12) but the refreshed interior/exterior really did wonders in my eyes. It had the same Engine (J35) as the RDX and even the same output (HP/lb-ft) but was happy running on regular fuel (huge plus), it had a 6 speed rather than the slushy 5 speed. The 5 speed steered us away from the TSX wagon. It had some neat features like the removable storage trunk area and safety features that we didn't even know it had. At that point we were like "are we seriously considering the Crosstour?" I was aware of the sour car magazine reviews (C/D, MotorTrend and Consumer Reports) based mainly on its subjective looks and its lackluster storage capacity on paper. When I read the reviews of those who owned them they were extremely pleased with their ownership. I had test driven a few cars before but we went and test drove a 16 RDX Advance, the interior is exactly like the interior on our ILX, not necessarily a bad thing, but the leather is quite thin. I kinda grinned when my wife was like "This car feels so top heavy, I dont like that, I like the sedans we have." The ventilated seats didn't seem to do much and we didn't like that the tech didn't come with Fog lights (yes we were kinda picky). We also didn't like that the 13-15' RDX didn't have rear vents. One glaring similarity we noticed was the navigation sys on the RDX and Crosstour were nearly identical. Thats when we realized why would we spend 5k-10k more on an RDX with similar items when we can get much the same features in the Crosstour (of course minus the vented seats and adaptive cruise which we would never use anyway). Now we were in dangerous territory, the controversial Crosstour was now at the top of our list and we were scratching our heads. We went down each spec between the RDX and Crosstour and they were much the same in almost every category. Then we found a used one owner '15 Crosstour EX-L V6 2WD and Navigation (We live in CA with no snow and I dont want to deal with a transfer case, differential and the extra weight) in the unique Kona Coffee Metallic. We test drove it, loved it and left with it. This car is smooth, quiet (no not Maybach quiet), planted and willing. The paddle shifters was something I specifically wanted too, this car hauls and makes all the right sounds when driven aggressively. The Dual Wishbone suspension does take up a bit of space and weight but after driving the car it is absolutely worth the penalty. We drive the Crosstour like our "sportier" sedans and it's such a pleasure. It has more than enough space for us as we use it as a buffer car until a maybe a 3rd kid pushes us toward the larger SUVs. It shares all key components with the RDX and CR-V so parts will always be plentiful. I rather like the 18' wheels on this model, and the thicker rubber adds to the comfortable ride. We have been genuinely pleased with this choice. On our longer cruise home we averaged 31 mpgs and it showed what an excellent comfortable highway cruiser it is. If you're in the market for an off lease deal this should be a candidate. Admittedly, its looks aren't for everyone but its utility and performance surpasses many of the current comparable offerings. Surprisingly we had quite a bit of competition finding this particular setup with the low mile EX-L V6 2WD Navi's selling quickly. The test drive tells all and it does look better in person. I do recommend some items (I'm not affiliated with these products) I installed a S-VCM ($100) which basically gives you all 6 cyl all the time, the VCM system is obnoxious and the longevity can be negatively effected. I also installed the Kensun 4300k HID (35W) ($60) in the projector housings which match the performance and color of our '14 ILX's HIDs, and LED interior lights ($15). This is a solid package for the 0-2 kids demographic and we have no complaints so far. And yes you can open the rear hatch in your garage without hitting anything. :)

HONDA CROSSTOUR...THERE'S A REASON THEY STOPPED
By Michael Doyle

2015 Honda Crosstour EX-L V6 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Crosstour was a 2013 EX-L AWD V-6 Kona Brown. I drove it over 100,000 miles. During the warranty the interior carpet was replaced because they cut it too small at the factory, the starter was replaced TWICE because it was one of 'three cars' that had this problem in the U.S., then the differential was replaced. I then traded it for a 2015 Crosstour, the last year Honda made this model, exactly like the 13 except this one was black. I did all the service recommended including transmission fluid changes. The one in November caused the trans to vibrate quite a bit. I returned to the dealer to be told by the service writer I might need a new trans with 112,000 miles, just 12,000 over my extended warranty sold to me by Honda! The service writer came to the waiting area and said this problem was on a dealer 'service bulletin'. The fix was change the fluid again, drive it 20 minutes, change it again, drive it 20 minutes, then change it again and I could drive off with it. Almost $300 later still vibrates and a Google search shows 448,000 hits on this problem. The reason they stopped are the lawsuits.

Almost 100 satisfied !
By warsawbluec

2015 Honda Crosstour EX-L V6 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Crosstour . It is very comfortable . I do have snowtires on it which does give it a rougher ride with some road noise . They are , however , the best in the snow ! Rear visibility is cut off with the spoiler type section that is in view when looking in the rear view mirror . It is especially. troubling at night because I rely on depth perception and this section. hides headlights of the car behind. Also , I had the auto dimming rear view mirror disabled so I could get. a real view when backing up and parallel parking . I love the camera. on the right side mirror which is so helpful and the back up came is something I can't live without . Other than those things , I enjoy the handling and all they comforts of this vehicle . I drive 52 miles to work 5 days a week and it is great vehicle drive !

Wanted it, got it and love it!!
By Julie Munger

2015 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda Crosstour is a wonderful car/SUV type. Spacious trunk space. Very roomy and comfortable. Great gas mileage. It's a shame that Honda quit producing them. Everything I wanted in a new car!!