Used 2011 Honda CR-Z Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-Z

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:

Great CRZ
By lazycatprod

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a 2011 CR-Z EX from beaverton Infinity. I was looking at new but found this one with less than 7k miles and saved a ton of money. I love this car. The styling and performance are great. The best part I am averaging over 44 MPG since purchase. I have a daily commute of over 70 miles and my fuel cost is averaging $30 a week. If your looking for a fun to drive yet economical car. You should check it out.

The factory stereo with I pod control and factory sub are very respectable, the blue tooth is great. very easy to set up. The dash is very futuristic. The user programable options are very nice.

I recommend a k&n air filter, Only cost $36 on Ebay and increade mileage by 2 mpg. I still need to tint the windows - other than that - its great.

Exceeds Expectations
By hondaowner15

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I bought this car in Jan 2011 as a commuter. As of 5/1/2012 have over 33,000 miles. No problems, only time gas mileage less than EPA hiway was 2 people climbing mountains in NC, got 36.5. Average commute is 80 mi/day, 99% hiway. Averaging 39MPG, high was in city driving on a week-end trip when we got 43MPG in Miami.
Performance good for 65-75MPH driving on interstates, very little around town but when I do it shows about 40.3.
More than enough room (6'1"), actually have to pull the seat up to reach the pedals. Interior quality good, more than enough room for my usage.

Love the style, comments by almost everyone that sees it. Gas mileage is great and would be better if I did more city driving, but well over EPA for almost 100% highway. Base model comes standard with almost everything, even has an alarm system, cooled glove box, ambient lighting, all safety features, steering wheel controls, etc. Love the hybrid with 6 speed (main reason for buying it, I hate automatics) but love good gas mileage.

Better visibility to the sides or warning systems. Have almost had multiple accidents because you cannot see anything next to you or anywhere near you on the sides. Battery needs improvement, power is fine until it runs out, then the car is a real dog. Cannot vent car without turning on a/c system, and it is so tight nothing goes thru without opening a window or turning on the system. One touch for passenger would be nice, center arm-rest should be standard (it is in almost every other car made)

I am soooooo sorry I bought this car.
By ihatethiscar

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I hate this car.
I bought it on an impulse and am sorry I did. I actually waited almost 5 days to go pick it up from the dealership after I had purchased it. I am sure that it is a good car (after all, it IS a Honda), but I swear it is among the ugliest cars on the road - especially the back end. I do not like the car because of it's impracticality.
Too small, very uncomfortable, slower than I would have expected, noisy interior on the open road. There is also no place to rest your arms. Cup holders cannot accomodate anything too large - definitely a hazard when you are trying to get stuff in and out. My car is for sale and has been since about 3 months after my purchase.
Hate it.

Cup holders Radio is complicated Horsepower Does not get the claimed 37 mpg unless you stay in the "Econo" mode - you may as well ride a bicycle if you have to drive this thing in "Econo".

Fun Fun Fun
By josef3

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Don't miss out just because of the expensive tag.. There's some joy to be had in a single CR-Z experience, no matter the drivers age or style (racer, casual)! Oh, and I'm 6'3
Economics is a no-brainer.

If you are a family man, this may not fit for you. (buy a Honda Fit)

Pure style. look around and see how many others are driving "your" car

None. If I were greedy I'd beg for the Si trim. But this gift from Honda was solely made for the economist. Stay true

love car, hate headlights
By dj1937

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When driving with low beams on the visibility is terrible. it looks like a dark shade is pulled down 2/3s
of the way on the windshield.
On a hilly, curvy road you can see the posts , but not the sign on top of it..
I think it is dangerous.
I have written Honda and have talked to the BB for Auto and filled out a kit they supplied.
Honda in Calif. says there is nothing wrong with the headlights. .
I am sure I will hear from the Better Business for Autos.

body style it is really a cute and gas mileage is good.

headlights. someone from Honda should dirve it on a hilly , curvy road and see the visibility. or rather the lack of it. My daughter has a 2011 Honda Civic and she does not have this problem. I have had 4 other people drive my car at night and they all had the same reaction Good Lord what is wrong with your headlights! I think it is a defect in my car.