2018 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 276 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

First in Class people mover!!!
By Joeyq

2018 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great vehicle!!! Comfortable interior with Great rear seat room, and Great cargo area for the size. The vehicle has Great safety features !! Adaptive cruise control is super, and blind spot information system is great. Road departure stop lane drift stop unwanted leaving of the roadway!!! There are many more that you should experience for yourself !! We can’t say enough about the vehicle . Gas mileage will knock socks off . We had another small SUV, and all it wanted to do was visit every gas Station . The CVT transmission is so Great also ! NO more 6 shifts from every stop light. Just smooth acceleration with NO shift jerk . You need to take one for a test drive .

Awesome SUV
By Steve

2018 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Previously, we owned a Honda Pilot Touring, 2009. After 168,000 miles we felt it was time to trade but after children were grown and on their own, we no longer needed the cargo/interior space that the Pilot offered, so we decided to down size to the CRV. Our daughter has driven a CRV for several years so we were familiar with it. This 2018 model is a vast improvement over the 2007 she has. After 10,000 miles we are very impressed. Great fuel economy, plenty of acceleration and overall the new generation CRV is top quality. We were not aware of the fuel/oil dilution problems that have been reported by some owners in colder climates before the purchase and have had no issues with ours. Perhaps being produced mid year in 2018, this model does not have that. I check the oil frequently and have not detected it being over full or having any fuel odor. The servicing dealership has assured me that if this should become a problem, they and Honda will provide a remedy to correct this or any other issues that may arise. Even though the new CRV is smart phone/audio compatible, opting in for the factory navigation was a must for us as we felt we gave up nothing, other than the rear entertainment system, by trading the Pilot. We are only familiar with the EX-L trim version CRV but felt the additional up charge for the Touring model and it's few extra features was not necessary for our needs. We would highly recommend this to anyone considering it.

Defective Voice Recognition System
By Mary H. Casden

2018 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car November, 2018. So far the comfort and control of the car have been good. On the day I came to pick up the car, salesman could not set up the radio with Sirius.I got frustrated and left. My son-in-law set up the radio. The problem now is that the voice command works if you call someone in your contacts. If you call a number not in your contacts list, the voice recognition can not process the call. I went back yesterday to show this to the same salesman. He acknowledged that my car was not working when he tried to call his own cell phjone. The we went to check another new Honda CRV on the lot. Same problem. He was very dismissive and said, "well I guess it doesn't work in any of the CRV's". He seemed to think that this was an acceptable answer. I did not. I said you have a defective voice recognition system that needs to be corrected. I'mcurious to see what happens. Very annoying, frustrating and disappointing.

Great vehicle
By Robert Holt

2018 Honda CR-V SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Was hesitant at first on the HondaCRV but once I drove it again and saw alll the outstanding features I was sold. The ride was superior. The safety features superior. The quality of the CRV is unmatched.

Cr-v problems
By John

2018 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Researching the 2017-2019 crv’s I kept hearing about gasoline in the engine oil issues. I called Honda of North America-they told me yes, they are aware of the problem but have no remedy and it’s not a safety issue. I asked if gas fumes in the cabin was a safety issue, they responded saying they were looking at it. We we’re going to purchase a crv but not now-Honda is dragging its feet and getting away with a potentially life threatening problem