2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Wonky electronics, got rid of

2014 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Wonky electronics, got rid of it after 1 year
By hondaloverma on

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded after 1 year. The stereo and Bluetooth started having major issues. Dealership kept telling me it couldn't be fixed, tried blaming my cell phone. Same phone the entire time I had the phone the entire time I had the car. Phone worked fine with any other car I drove. They just didn't want to replace the stereo navigation unit because it's it's a couple thousand dollars and I was nearing the end of the warranty. Disappointed in the car and in how Honda dealers treated me with the problems.
UPDATE: 2 years after trading I finally hear that Honda had a problem with bluetooth, they would not admit it, they would not recall it, and they would not even bother to fix it. I have a 2016 CRV now, and no bluetooth issues. Much happier with the 2016 than I was with the 2014. 7 months in with the 2016 and zero issues. The 2016 also has much more comfortable seats. I was never very happy with the seats in the 2014. for long trips my back would hurt and my butt went numb. The seats were just too firm. Seating in the 2016 is much more soft and offers more comfort and support by conforming to your shape not trying to make you conform to it. If you are looking at the 2014 model I'd suggest spend a little more money if you can, and go for a newer one so you don't inherit someone else's issues that Honda refused to fix.

• Rain snow traction

• Headlights
  • Entertainment
  • Bluetooth

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review