Used 2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

New at owning a SUV
By Alaura Love

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Downsizing from a full size 4 door sedan to a SUV was a decision not taken lightly. However, sitting up higher has its advantages. Now maybe I will not be looking at just the door or fender of those that like to pull all the way forward in the left lane at stop signals and block your view to the left of oncoming traffic. they have a clear view, but do not need it to turn left like you do when you are in the left lane and want to turn left. So far I am very satisfied with he purchase. However, the drivers seat could be more comfortable for big people on long rides. Also regarding dealers, this was a certified used vehicle, but the battery failed within 36 hours of delivery. The dealer replaced the battery, but condition should have been noted during inspection.

New to me, 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
By Nicole Paul

2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this pre-owned, 2014 Honda CR-V for $16,900. I think it was a fair price. I didn't want the leather package and the navigation system of the EX_L was overwhelming to me but loved the options of the EX: Power moonroof, nice sound system, and enough electronic ports to make me very happy. There seems to be a hitch in the automatic transmission going from 1st to 2nd gears, but I'll have the dealership look into that. After having the car for 3 weeks, I drove it from NC to D.C. The comfort and driving were great. The Bluetooth works great and the sound system was really nice. I'd definitely recommend this vehicle for Honda lovers moving from a smaller vehicle to something more roomy.

My jellybean crv
By Retired om

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great SUV excellent gas mileage,comfortable. Not a quiet ride able to hear road noise

Pros and Cons
By Veronica Krautheim

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Pros: Its great to sit up high in traffic so I can see well ahead. The electric seats are very easy to adjust. The car has good power and responds quickly. The back-up monitor is well placed, is easy to see and understand, and helps me keep track of anything behind the car. Steering wheel adjusts in so many ways that I feel very comfortable driving. I like the car, but I miss my previous car. I bought this car so I could tow it behind my RV. I couldn't tow my previous car 4-wheels down behind the RV. All of the following Cons are based on differences between this car and my previous car (a Prius). Cons: The steering wheel gets in the way of viewing the speedometer, dials, and problem indicators, so I have to take my eyes off the road and bend my head to see how fast I'm going or to make sure there are no problem indicators lit up. The speedometer is not digital, so I have to guesstimate my speed. The ride is rougher than my previous car, and feels bouncier. With my previous car, I never needed to use a key. I could just touch the driver's door handle and the car would unlock as long as I had the key in my pocket or purse, and the car had a push-button start. Now, I must have my key in my hand to open the door and to start the car (which means digging in my purse to find the key). Just a slight inconvenience, but difficult to deal with after 7 years of the previous car.

Best vehicle yet owned (I'm 60)
By nodhimmi

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Dealer quality was a major factor here: this was 3rd Honda purchased new - all of which came with a "Platinum Package" providing free oil changes, state inspections and other great discounts. Have learned that package is no longer offered ( too good a deal). Maintenance costs of all Hondas I've owned has been very low, so far with this CRV its been the best. Love the car in all aspects except for noises: rattles and jingling in the back and annoying plastic clattering noises in dash/windshield area. Dealer has not been able to find easily, and I'm not willing to tear the interior panels apart to find what it is at this stage. Other than noises, I have high hopes that the CRV will last to 150K miles.