Used 2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Pros and Cons
By Veronica Krautheim

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Pros: Its great to sit up high in traffic so I can see well ahead. The electric seats are very easy to adjust. The car has good power and responds quickly. The back-up monitor is well placed, is easy to see and understand, and helps me keep track of anything behind the car. Steering wheel adjusts in so many ways that I feel very comfortable driving. I like the car, but I miss my previous car. I bought this car so I could tow it behind my RV. I couldn't tow my previous car 4-wheels down behind the RV. All of the following Cons are based on differences between this car and my previous car (a Prius). Cons: The steering wheel gets in the way of viewing the speedometer, dials, and problem indicators, so I have to take my eyes off the road and bend my head to see how fast I'm going or to make sure there are no problem indicators lit up. The speedometer is not digital, so I have to guesstimate my speed. The ride is rougher than my previous car, and feels bouncier. With my previous car, I never needed to use a key. I could just touch the driver's door handle and the car would unlock as long as I had the key in my pocket or purse, and the car had a push-button start. Now, I must have my key in my hand to open the door and to start the car (which means digging in my purse to find the key). Just a slight inconvenience, but difficult to deal with after 7 years of the previous car.

Best vehicle yet owned (I'm 60)
By nodhimmi

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Dealer quality was a major factor here: this was 3rd Honda purchased new - all of which came with a "Platinum Package" providing free oil changes, state inspections and other great discounts. Have learned that package is no longer offered ( too good a deal). Maintenance costs of all Hondas I've owned has been very low, so far with this CRV its been the best. Love the car in all aspects except for noises: rattles and jingling in the back and annoying plastic clattering noises in dash/windshield area. Dealer has not been able to find easily, and I'm not willing to tear the interior panels apart to find what it is at this stage. Other than noises, I have high hopes that the CRV will last to 150K miles.

Great bang for the buck
By L. Walker

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car excellerates great. I love the button on the gear shift that you use instead of pushing the gas petal when passing.The car is very comfortable on long trips. Easy in and out for seniors. Great gas mileage. Car doesn't wear you out on long trips.

By john bartle

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great traction, simple features, good milage, holds its value.

My crv is cool.
By Judith

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you're looking for a vehicle that has a lot of passenger and cargo space but is still fun to drive, the crv is what you're looking for. The seats are comfortable even for a short old lady. I'm sitting up higher and it has a backup camera so I have a great view of everything around me. I love the fog lights...everything is visible...even dark roads at night. And it looks hot. I'm proud to drive it.