Used 2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Too old for this car
By Priscilla OHara

2013 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only owned this car for one month, which is why I could not rate all the items listed. The one thing that I do want to complain about is the headrest. It is installed at an angle which is not acceptable to me no matter what I do. I have adjusted the height of the car seat, the steering wheel, the angle of the seat itself and the headrest. I cannot find a combination that allows my head and neck to remain at a comfortable angle, or if I do, the back seat slopes away from my body and does not give me the needed support. In the past I have had a serious problem with pinched nerves in my neck and back. I fear that this car is simply not suited to my physical and medical needs. I did drive the car for about 15 minutes before I decided to buy it. At that time I didn't realize how difficult it would be to adjust the various components to fit my physical needs. In all of my 60 years of driving I have never encountered this problem and I am disappointed in Honda.

Great Buy
By Joe Robertson

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is attractive and smooth. I have a tech background and love the technology that is has. Overall, I'd highly recommend this vehicle. The only issue I have is that it's more of a sporty vehicle than a family car.

Good Car a Work Horse
By David Benjamin

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you're looking for a sporty car look somewhere else. If you're looking for a great all around this is the car.

Oh how I wanted to love this CRV. So disappointed
By Run from Honda

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Beware! Do NOT purchase any CRV made in 2008 or later. My 2013 CR-V that is cared for per manufactures recommendations and driven moderately has been making a terrible grinding noise since about 1 year after purchase. Honda Service has diagnosed the noise as emanating from the VTC Actuator. Noise has become much worse over time and this noise occurs after every cold start. The noise is so loud that it turns heads in parking lots. What is really frustrating is that Honda has know of this issue since 2008 and still has not corrected the problem and does not disclose the issue prior to purchase. Honda simply states, "Yes there is a loud grinding noise but don't worry it is not doing any damage to the engine." This is my fourth Honda (I typically purchase a new car once every 4 to 5 years). This experience has left me resolve to never purchase another Honda. By the way three of my family members own CRV (2011, 2015 and 2016 -- two of the three make the same LOUD grinding noise when starting the engine. Toyota or Subaru here we come.

First Ricer
By Joe Dokes

2013 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

no passenger arm rest....usb wont work with android.......no lights on sun visors.........the four bannger runs well at 80 around 2300rpm with acceleration left....
Drivers seat is comfortable for long trips...... no random play with thumbdrive but a 32 gig formatted to fat 32 will work with usb cable.......Bluetooth works ok.