Used 2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Where is the legroom?
By kidpolska

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like all of the features of my CR-V, but does anyone else have a problem with the driver's side legroom?
I am 6'2" and have NEVER had a problem with legroom before; I can't drive this car for more than 2 hours without severe cramps.

Liking the improvements!
By 9xhondaowner

2012 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd CR-V (and our 9th Honda). I traded an 07 EX-L for the 13 LX.
I miss with leather, posh interior and better sound system and I will definitely morn the loss of the heated seats next winter, but let me tell you what I LOVE about the 2013.
The ride is smooth - my daughter says it's like riding on a cloud.
Road noise?
Gone! We don't have to shout to have a conversation.
Gas mileage?
With the econ button on, got 31 mpg with mixed driving on 1st tank.
Woo hoo!!! My 07 was getting about 24 mpg. Love the back-up camera, Bluetooth, etc. My only gripes: interior, while comfy, seems a bit plastic/cheap; LX sound system is sub-par. Overall - very happy with the new CR-V!!!

Quiet cabin, smooth ride, gas mileage, comfy seats, back-up camera, Bluetooth with iPhone.

Stereo sound is abysmal. I'm going to have to upgrade it or it will drive me crazy.

Perfection!
By tikatika

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my white 2012 CR-V.
Had it pinstriped in red/black and it looks awesome!

We had a 2007, wow how the car has improved!

Have had the car since January 2012, and have not experienced one problem.
We are getting 30.2 mpg in mixed driving, love the backup mirror, this car is simply FUN to drive.
It will be a keeper for a long time!

If I had to change one thing, it would be to have an automatic rear hatch lift. I really wish there was some way to have that done on this car.

We're very happy with our 2012 CR-V
By sgilbert

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We wrote a review just after purchase about a year ago and were extremely happy with the CR-V. A annoying rattle in the rear seat headrest developed after about a year, but the dealer opened the rear seat back and replaced the offending part. We were very pleased. Overall, after four years of ownership, we're quite pleased with the fuel economy (30+ highway), handling, roadability, and overall quality. The seats could be more comfortable for long trips, (the seat bottoms are a bit short and therefore "under thigh" support is somewhat lacking) but again, we are glad we bought the vehicle. Even after 4 1/2 years and 30000 miles, it's still tight and solid.
My wife finds it perfect for around town - easy handling, easy to park and get in an out of. Update: April 2017. five years old. Still feel the same in all respects.

Great family car
By bandit911

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have made 2
long trips along with the normal day-to-day driving. This is a near perfect car for us. While there is only 2 of us, we many times have 5 people in the the car. Everyone is comfortable in this car. Rear view camera turns out to be a nice convenience. The big disappointment is the rear hatch. Once it is open it is very difficult to close. There is not an option for an electric closer. You must reach fairly high in the air to grab the open door and if you have any type of shoulder or arm problem (I do) then you can not close the hatch. A car like this should have an electric closer. This is a big oversight.

Reliable, comfortable car. Can seat 5 or fold down the rear seats and pile in the cargo.

The big disappointment is the rear hatch. Once it is open it is very difficult to close. There is not an option for an electric closer. You must reach fairly high in the air to grab the open door and if you have any type of shoulder or arm problem (I do) then you can not close the hatch. A strap hanging down from the rear hatch would be the minimum improvement but a car like this should have an electric closer. This is a big oversight on Honda’s part.