Used 2011 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

update to last review
By yankeefan56

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

our crv now has 3300 miles on it and we just went from nj to newport ri on vacation.....still a fantastic vehicle...read some stories about tires wearing out early and some suspension bolt problems,but so far so good..despite high winds on the drive home this car was incredibly stable...glad we chose it

Great crossover
By enginemedic21

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle in the past week after doing about a month of researching different vehicles online and visiting the dealership for test drives.As I am a college student I was not able to purchase the EX-L model but I am more than happy with the LX model I purchased.I drove pick up trucks all my life(F150/Ranger/Tacoma) so I needed a SUV that could pull a trailor but also wasn't bad on gas as my commute is going to be far.I test drove the new CX5,Rav4,Rogue, etc and found these to be the strong points on the Honda;smooth/quiet ride,most power(for the 4 cylinder),interior build quality and there sync system is amazing.I'm able to like/dislike Pandora songs from my steering wheel.

Bluetooth phone pairing standard on all CRV models. Nice LED information screen which is easy to read and you can customize it by setting your own wallpaper. Standard back up camera which displays on the LED info screen in the dash when your backing up in 3 different modes! The only model crossover which I liked just as much as the CRV was the 2013 Mazda Cx-5 but I found the Honda to have more power/better pickup, a quieter ride, and better standard features than the Mazda. The Mazda was the only vehicle that got better MPG's than the Honda but again it was more expensive and did not come with standard Bluetooth connectivity or a back camera.

Would of liked if the base model CRV had better looking rims but I'll replace those when I replace the tires.

CRV Tires are Junk
By newmanrn

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this CRV in May 2011, after 8,000 miles we got a vibration from the rear of the car.
At 23,000 it was so bad I had to replace the tires with still half the tread left.
When they pulled the rear tires, there were flat spots so big, the bounced up and down when they rolled them over to the tire changer machine.
There was a 4" wide flat spot across the tires.
It came with the Bridgestone Dueler HT470 tires.
These tires are junk.
Another item that disturbes me is the oil is constantly dirty.
I started with using the oil life indicator for oil changes, but the oil was so black, I moved it up to 3,000 miles and it is still dirty.
Even with the software update it is still bad.

Gas Mileage is Great. I used to run 87 octane fuel until I discovered that if I run 93 octane the mileage jumped up 15-23%. I used to average 26mpg highway until I put 93 octane in now I average 30-32. City mileage is about the same. I have been driving 1,200 miles a week for my job and it saves me 10-18% on fuel costs using the higher octane. All told I get 70-90 more miles per tank. Overall I am happy with the car, it drives well, especially with the new tires.

When I got the new tires, the alignment rack showed the right rear tire was toed in, which is what probably flat spotted the tires. The car has never hit any curbs so the alignment was probably off at the factory. I have never owned a new car that has such black oil. There is obviously something wrong with the rings here. Hope it doesn't show its ugly head before I am done paying for this car.

An okay car
By rheramb

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Standard dislikes; noisy, Continental tires are probably the worst tires I have ever had , meager interior convenience-cup holders, storage. A rumbling sound in suspension/wheels, more like a low roar.Got the Glacier Blue and wish I had chosen anothr color because it is so common. In our climate Honda has trouble with brake corrosion regardless of the model..

With 16K miles/1yr old, have had little snow in NE Ohio to really test 4wd. Gas 25 mpg mixed, 32 best hwy mpg, anxious to replace Continental tires to see how ride improves. Seats comfortable, access good. Power good. Son and brother liked it so much they bought one and have the same observations.

Honda replaced the 4x4 Continental Contact tires on the 12 models w/Bridgestone. Control exterior noise, warranty poor brake design.

Good SUV for a 4 cylinder
By stevenzhuli

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving about 3 months and 6000KMs, take me about a month to get used to this little SUV. Overall I rate this car "OK" level.
Only thing I feel not so good is the acceleration.
A little bit slow to speed up from a complete stop. Also only when run at about 75-80 KM/Hour, I can feel some kind of vabriation, which is wired, normally should be very smooth at this speed. My small car 2011 Nissan Sentra, much more quieter than this SUV at any speed.
Also my gas mileage: use 87 regular gas, get about 9.2L/100KMs.
With 89 gas, get about 8.2L/100KMs. 75% on contryside road, 25% cuty driving. So I feel put 89 gas is a win for the money and car. saving about 50 cents per 100 KMs.