Used 2011 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Body Integrity - RUST !!
By huskerfan_1

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I would encourage all to check the bottom seal area of the doors for rust.
Three weeks ago while while wiping down after a wash I noticed rust on the inside bottom of the back right passenger door.
It freaked me out !!
HOW ???
Took it the dealer ... it will get repaired next week under warranty (and it should).
My car was purchased New Years Eve, 2010.
Not sure if I will be keeping it.

None really except for passing Equinoxs' and Terrains' while they are trying to get up to speed.

Shiny chrome wheels.

Poor gas mileage & seat construction
By deb103

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CRV - in my 2009 the driver's seat kept coming apart and the same thing keeps
happening in my 2011.
I work from home so I don't drive that much and feel that the seat should still be in excellent condition.
The plastic molding around the seat keeps separating and the leather cover tears where it is hooked on. Since they upgraded the computer the mpg on the road dropped from 29 mpg to 24 mpg and in town from 24 mpg to 17 mpg.
I am getting ready to trade it because of this.

My favorite feature is the interior room. It is very comfortable on long trips but the seats could use a bit more padding.

Take that computer upgrade out - I had no problems with oil usage or gas before. Find a different way to construct seats.

still great!!!
By yankeefan56

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

been 8 months now and STILL
GREAT....we are soooooo happy with our choice...almost wish for snow to the the 4 wheel drive!!
but not just yat summer beckons!!
I would highly recommend a honda to anyone!!!

8 months after purchase and still has that "new car smell"

Team Honda will not help me
By dmedica

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

TEAM HONDA OF BATON ROUGE,La offered a trade in programs on 12/29/11
I traded my wonderful 2009 in for a 2011 CRV. Starting in Feb 2012 I have been bringing my car in asking them to take the horrible vibartion and noise out of the engine.
I have asked to get mey 2009 back, another 2011 or I would pay more for a 2012 ( in the 2012 they FIXED the vibration).
Ihave been told this is NORMAL for the 2011 and there is NOTHING they can do.
To stop the noise and vibration I have to turn my AC off when I am sitting still in the car.
If anyone suggest help I will appreciate it.

A good car, not great.
By g35twilight

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

6500 miles on the odo.
Made it through our first northern Idaho winter with no problems.
With winter tires we were able to get around almost as if there was no snow or ice on the roads.
Gas mileage has been acceptable but not great, averaging 20mpg in mostly town driving.
Other than the winter performance, I find it difficult to get very fired up about this car.
The transmission shifts up and down abruptly, the interior is noisy and as mentioned below, the headlights are terrible.
We've also had some issues with the sunroof refusing to close.
I have no doubt the car will start every time and get me where I need to go but some details need to be addressed.

Clear Gauges, intuitive controls/button layout, supportive seats, good in the snow

Needs another gear. The headlights are terrible (dim and not enough "throw" even on high-beam)and it irritates me to no end that the CRV is available in other markets with HID headlights. Gas mileage ought to be better given the relatively low power output. The new RDX with almost 100 more hp is epa rated at almost the same mileage. More attention to detail during assembly.