Used 2010 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

One Year Update
By jjbean12

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my car for almost a year now. The CRV was a gift to myself after graduating college. I love everything about the car! I havn't had a problem since I drove it off that lot. I've driven to the mountains in Colorado during bad winter storms. The automatic 4-wheel drive made me a bit nervous (in my Jeep I would manual turn on the 4-wheel drive), but it delivered every time. I suggest taking into an icy parking lot and driving around to get used to the feel of the 4-wheel drive. Overall, I love my car and I probably will continue buying Honda's.

Everything is great- exterior, interior (after a year, my car still has that "new car smell"), fuel economy. I love the foot rest of the drivers side.

It would be nice if the stereo controls were accessible on the steering wheel.

Best Little SUV
By jcihak

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for six month and driven it through a very snowy Pennsylvania winter. Overall, I love the CR-V and would not hesitate to buy one again.
Pros:
- Part time AWD was great in snow and icy conditions. Never got stuck even going up icy roads. Got wind-blown into a snow bank and drove right back out
- Great MPG for AWD SUV - averaging almost 26 mpg mostly rural (29mpg on the highway)
- Leather seats are very very comfortable on long drives
- Tons of cargo capacity

Cons:
- Mine and many other CR-Vs have poor fit and finish. Doors and trim don't line up right.
- Jarring over bumps - more like a truck than a car
- Nav is primitive and overpriced

- AWD - Very roomy for a small SUV - Feels very solidly built - Good view all-around - Good mpg for an SUV - Very comfortable for long trips

- Improve fit and finish - 6 speed automatic transmission - Fold-flat 2nd row seats (like Fit) - Bluetooth without having to buy Nav package

Nice little vehicle but...
By crvissues

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

1st of all I do like my CRV EXL 4WD but I have had problems with it.

1. Hobble bobble from the left rear like I had a flat spot on my tire when going 30+mph.

Went to the dealer they said it was the nature of the vehicle. True as I
drove another( used)
and felt the same thing. My thought was it had the same problem. Why else would someone trade it off at 12k miles.
a. Took it to another dealer and they over balanced the tires stating that was the problem. Not at all, it was still there if not worse.

b. Took it to a private shop and they pulled the drive trane and replace it for it was out of balance. Honda picked up the cost. The problem is still there.

Then thinking it was the tires I have replaced them 4 times + lined up and it was even worse.

At this point I just wanted to return/ trade off the CRV off for something other than a Honda ( this is my first and last one)

2. My ABS and traction control light came on and stayed on. Back to the private autoshop and they discoverd the sensor wire on the left front was broken. Called Honda and it's still under warranty. It goes back in next week.

Buying a new car I expect perfection and this has missed the mark. Getting the push off from the dealers in place of taking me seriously was most disheartening.

I researched for 9 months on which car to buy and chose this one over many
and it has turned out to be a dud.

I wish they still made the Jeeps with the in line 6. They rode like a tank, held up well, ran like a sewing machine with over 240k miles on it.
Should've kept it!

The CRV Is pretty and has all the creature comforts except I think the seats are cheap leather and are uncomfortable.

I hope they can correct the problems with it. Next up after fixing the lights perhaps a rear axle.

Actually I want the quality of car Honda is so proud of and that I paid
for :)

I feel as though I've been hoodwinked!

Anyone else had problems?

Exterior looks

Better leather More comfortable seats

Nine Months So Far So Good
By mkaylag

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CRV 9 months ago and so far I love it. My friend bought a 2010 Kia Sorento the same time I did and they've already are having problems like oil leaks and electrical failures.

I would have loved the 6-cylinder upgrade option but the 4-cylinder is sufficient and the car is GREAT on gas. This is the first Honda I've ever owned and I'm not disappointed, yet.

Rear-view camera, 180 degree folding rear seats

Honda needs to improve the GPS function. I end up using my phone because the maps are so outdated and the user interface is slow and not very user-friendly.

6 month update
By adansereau

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i now have nearly 5000 miles on my ex awd crv.
quality,
comfort, reasonable mpg
ie
21-23 around town and 28 highway not to bad for awd.
it is quite, handles well, and the build quality is second to none.
i have had over 50 vehicles and i know a good one and this is one of the best . i have to say there is nothing that stands out that needs changing, it nearly perfect.

looks quality dependable