Used 2010 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Will have to change tires in 1 year :(
By hondaduras

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the CR-V for a year. I REALLY like it. BUT I was dissappointed to find out that I have to buy new tires after only 1 year. The original tires got cupped because they have the LOWEST possible wear-rating of 360. So, keep this in mind when buying. Otherwise, I am very satisfied with the CR-V.

The all-wheel drive performs very well in harsh winter conditions with a lot of snow and ice. Comfortable ride (just a little noisy). It looks cool, in my opinion. Love that it is high off the ground so I don't have to worry about something getting scratched or damaged when I park.

They could be sold with better quality tires. Something could be done to improve the shock absorption. That would probably make them less noisy, too.

Not as great as I had hoped
By slosoosie

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CRV nearly a year.
I am disappointed with the gas mileage and the lack of acceleration (mushy).
I read the other Edmunds reviews and don't see really any other complaints on this - but I don't think that its right.
I mentioned to dealer and they couldn't find a problem.
Anyway.
I like this vehicle.
My other Honda is a 91 Accord coupe and frankly I think the 91 is better made and certainly gets better milage with 180 K
on it.
When I bought the CRV I thought it would last too, but I am not so sure.
It is pretty but it just doesn't perform as expected on the highway.
Maybe I will trade in for a different model.

One Year Update
By jjbean12

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my car for almost a year now. The CRV was a gift to myself after graduating college. I love everything about the car! I havn't had a problem since I drove it off that lot. I've driven to the mountains in Colorado during bad winter storms. The automatic 4-wheel drive made me a bit nervous (in my Jeep I would manual turn on the 4-wheel drive), but it delivered every time. I suggest taking into an icy parking lot and driving around to get used to the feel of the 4-wheel drive. Overall, I love my car and I probably will continue buying Honda's.

Everything is great- exterior, interior (after a year, my car still has that "new car smell"), fuel economy. I love the foot rest of the drivers side.

It would be nice if the stereo controls were accessible on the steering wheel.

Best Little SUV
By jcihak

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for six month and driven it through a very snowy Pennsylvania winter. Overall, I love the CR-V and would not hesitate to buy one again.
Pros:
- Part time AWD was great in snow and icy conditions. Never got stuck even going up icy roads. Got wind-blown into a snow bank and drove right back out
- Great MPG for AWD SUV - averaging almost 26 mpg mostly rural (29mpg on the highway)
- Leather seats are very very comfortable on long drives
- Tons of cargo capacity

Cons:
- Mine and many other CR-Vs have poor fit and finish. Doors and trim don't line up right.
- Jarring over bumps - more like a truck than a car
- Nav is primitive and overpriced

- AWD - Very roomy for a small SUV - Feels very solidly built - Good view all-around - Good mpg for an SUV - Very comfortable for long trips

- Improve fit and finish - 6 speed automatic transmission - Fold-flat 2nd row seats (like Fit) - Bluetooth without having to buy Nav package

Nice little vehicle but...
By crvissues

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

1st of all I do like my CRV EXL 4WD but I have had problems with it.

1. Hobble bobble from the left rear like I had a flat spot on my tire when going 30+mph.

Went to the dealer they said it was the nature of the vehicle. True as I
drove another( used)
and felt the same thing. My thought was it had the same problem. Why else would someone trade it off at 12k miles.
a. Took it to another dealer and they over balanced the tires stating that was the problem. Not at all, it was still there if not worse.

b. Took it to a private shop and they pulled the drive trane and replace it for it was out of balance. Honda picked up the cost. The problem is still there.

Then thinking it was the tires I have replaced them 4 times + lined up and it was even worse.

At this point I just wanted to return/ trade off the CRV off for something other than a Honda ( this is my first and last one)

2. My ABS and traction control light came on and stayed on. Back to the private autoshop and they discoverd the sensor wire on the left front was broken. Called Honda and it's still under warranty. It goes back in next week.

Buying a new car I expect perfection and this has missed the mark. Getting the push off from the dealers in place of taking me seriously was most disheartening.

I researched for 9 months on which car to buy and chose this one over many
and it has turned out to be a dud.

I wish they still made the Jeeps with the in line 6. They rode like a tank, held up well, ran like a sewing machine with over 240k miles on it.
Should've kept it!

The CRV Is pretty and has all the creature comforts except I think the seats are cheap leather and are uncomfortable.

I hope they can correct the problems with it. Next up after fixing the lights perhaps a rear axle.

Actually I want the quality of car Honda is so proud of and that I paid
for :)

I feel as though I've been hoodwinked!

Anyone else had problems?

Exterior looks