Used 2010 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

The first 100 miles
By Howard

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just pass the 100 miles! This car came straightly from Japan and had only single digits on it. Overall it is a good car and handling is very good. Yes, it does have the wind noise as others commented. Engine noise varied - The one I bought is much better than another CR-V I test drove at dealer (Made in diff plant). So I guess there exists some diff among plants. By the way, I installed the remote starter, which is a little bit and heavy in the pocket - a small surprise.

Overall, great. But nothing stands out to me

Seat bottom is a little bit hard

Not So Sure
By Peacegirl

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this vehicle for 5 months now and I can't seem to bond with it. This is my third CR-V. Had an 02 and an 06. Traded the 06 for the 10 and have regretted that. Acceleration is very sluggish; blind spots backing up and changing lanes- just can't see out of this vehicle. Liked the rear door that opened to the side on the previous models. If this vehicle is wet (rain or dew) and I open the rear door I get a shower. If it's raining I have to keep the wiper going to clear the rear glass, not so with my '02 and '06. If you drop something between the seat and console, you won't see it again. Thought of trading this for a Subie, but they don't rate much better.

Honda long term reliability, good gas mileage

Needs a better design; a $28k vehicle should come with floor mats;

My first suv
By grandmaelk

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I loved my Saturn and they went away. I needed a new car, small and up off the ground. All research led to Honda CR-V. I have only had it a few days but love it. My Husband has a Yukon and I am just as comfortable in the CR-V. Visibility is much better than I expected. I like the interior layout. Not too overdone. I have leather interior which helps avoid the cheap look of the fabric interior. I love that the Ipod hook up accepts flash drives. I do not have the Ipod brand (boycotting) and the drive allows me to listen to all my music and not worry about my MP3, But Honda needs to look at Hyundai, they are a close second.

Easy to get in and out. Great visibility and easy to put down the back seat to get to the back for stuff.

Better Paint color choices. Back hood release inside (my Saturn had one!) Back release on key too. light in glove box where hook up is for Ipod. Hard to see.

Slug
By NLS

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm averaging 24-25 mpg local and 29- 30 mpg highway but the trade off is the sluggishness when trying to merge. It is worse yet when you have to come almost to a stop when a car in front of you is making a turn and then the CR-V really can't get out of its own way. It's scary when cars approaching you from behind think you are going to be able to pick up speed but your accelerator does nothing, even had one pull to the shoulder to avoid me.

Comfortable seats, easy to get in and out of, good AC,

Needs a bigger engine

It grows on you
By MikeCVS18

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 800 miles I am getting the feel of the 180 hp 2.4 L engine and finding it easier to access highways. Very responsive when passing . I am a average 55-65 mph driver. Driver seat broken in and comfortable, but still firm. Interior layout very good. The more I drive the CR-V the more I like it, also the layout on the dashboard nice placement, clear view.

All around nice car.

Would like to see more available options like heated mirrors, backup camera, duel temps on ex without having to buy the ex-l with leather.