Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Front End
By Ken

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are having trouble with our front end the car wants to wander. We aligned it and it still has a wander and will vibrate When the wheel is turned there is resistance in the wheel like something obstructing the turning radius

Noisy!
By daveintown

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the LX new in September 2009. I am still not used to the SUV differences from my previous Toyota Camry. I find it noisy, my #1 complaint, even though I had it undercoated, there is still a lot of road noise and there is a lot of wind noise in the windshield area. The gas mileage is also not as good as advertised. I would spend a lot more time test driving other makes next time.

Style and comfort, great in the snow with AWD and Vehicle Stability.

I find that the hp is fine, even though that is a big complaint with most. The NOISE is my biggest concern; after our winter in Az., I will return it to the dealer who, at purchase time, installed a bug deflector, to see if this is the cause of the wind noise.

alright suv
By Retired Air Force

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the CRV to replace a Town and Country. My wife wanted something smaller to use for work. It is very noisy on the Houston roads, the car has 23,000 miles and the tires are already showing alot of wear. If you put the back windows down at highway speeds, there is a deafening noise that sounds like a jet is taking off in your back seat. The mileage is also not as good as we expected. Sitting in both front seats on long trips isn't all that enjoyable

exterior look/good radio and cd player

put on quality tires

Most reliable cars on the road
By Indianapolis

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this for my wife, it has done everything I knew it would as I have owned Honda products in the past. 2-WD is more than adequate in the snow; absolutely no problems on ice/snow. Nothing breaks, everything works. Will last 20 years. Honda is quality.

The knowledge that is will always start and nothing ever breaks. Drives like a car, very easy to handle!

It indeed could use more power; but for family use it is fine.

Smart Car for Local Driving
By niteflite

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda; previously I had owned a 99 Accord and 04 Accord, both 4 cylinders. This cr-v actually shares the same engine as the 04 Accord, so given its bigger size, it lacks some power. Yet it had the most comfortable ride of the other cars I test drove - the rav4 and rogue. This car is great for local driving to run errands and stuff but for long distance driving it lacks the horsepower to make it up the hills easily. I also feel and hear the engine having to work too hard which isn't good.

sleek exterior design, tpms, decent fuel efficiency, comfortable seating

bigger engine, longer warranty, ease of resetting service reminder indicator, fully removal back seats