Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Loss of features over 2000 honda
By ms. mimi

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

How I miss my Honda 2000!! The interior of my 2009 is crap. Stains on the upholstery, mostly from water and it looks worse than my trade in which was ten years old. Also, they took away the seat pockets on back seats, made the under passenger seat drawer so small it can't be used and took away two of the cup holders. I have to use one cup holder for storage of personal items. I also do not like the outside design. Loved my other one with the wheel on back. I needed a new car and went with Honda but do not like this car because of interior features mostly and outside design.

The Honda brand itself and the reliability of Honda.

The design of the car. Put pockets on seat backs, redesign that crappy center console, redo the cup holders and put back the bigger storage under seat.

Needs bigger gas tank/better tires
By roadhog

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle, second Honda, poor quality tires, small gas tank, otherwise a good vehicle. Tires made 30K, NOT GOOD. 22-32 mpg comfortable ride.

fuel mileage

better OEM tires and bigger gas tank.

Great ride
By DaveCT

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the 09 in September and now have 21000 miles on it. Of course, all highway driving and I am averaging 26.2 mpg. I do watch the mpg gauge but average about 63-66 mph on my 39 mile commute (ea way). Lots of storage room when I drive to/from my kids' colleges. Added a Thule kayak rack - busted my knuckles but works well. Great fit and finish. No problems other than brake grinding noise which turned out to be small stone that got caught up in brakes - just shook it out. Downsides: Fabric stains easily. No middle console, just cheapo holder between front seats which wastes space. These are awfully minor points and I love the CR-V, will def buy another when I hit about 130K or so.

MPG Storage space Ride Handling

Ditch the center, cheap console.

3rd CRV very dissappointing
By jano

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd CR-V; loved the first two; dislike this one. Very unhappy with the design and the gas mileage. The new shift design leaves no floor room and long legs hit their knees. Also, the outlet is way under the bumped out shift column. I miss the tire mount on the rear, the ability to lift the back window alone; you have to latch the seats when down or they fall back and the interior color choices were all light which stain easily. Only getting 22 on the highway. Usually keep 3-4 yrs, will be trading this one soon

reliability

Shift column, outlet, folding seats lock, some dark interior choices, back window lift

Love it!
By kimberly

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my CR-V! I feel safe behind it which for me is the most important thing! My complaints are minor though I will say the gas mileage isn't so great. But I love how it handles. This is the largest car I've owned and parking it is a breeze.

Dash board displays. Sound system. Safety features. It's fun to drive! Four wheel drive. The the sun roof closes automatically but (see below)

These are minor but I wish I could lock the door while the door is still open so I could put my keys in my purse, close the door and it's already locked. And I wish I could see the clock when the car is turned off. If you're sitting in the car the sun roof stays open (weight sensor perhaps?)