Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 297 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

So So
By jsonaday

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Power is embarrassing! This thing struggles to get to 65mph! i bought this car used and i had to replace some things but its still pretty reliable and some what comfortable. awd only turns on if the car feels like its slipping.. If you are looking to buy a ex, the cloth seating is terrible because the foam is so loose that its flat all over the seat by 40k miles. Do like the interior other then that, well then theres that super annoying audio system that sucked so much i had to replace it...

Sweet exterior. Miss that not available V6.. would have made the car

MAKE A OPTIONAL V6!!!!! There is no power what so ever! AWD only kicks in when the car feels its slipping..

Best car ever owned!
By hapeacres

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new 08 LX AWD in December 07 and have 106K miles on clock. The car drives and runs like it was still new. Never one problem. Just did oil changes using the 15% maintenance reminder. I just replaced the original battery, changed the plugs and had valves adjusted as routine maintenance by dealer. I am hoping to get another 100K worry free miles. I bought this car for my wife who drives it a lot to sell insurance and she loves it.
I feel better knowing she is driving a safe car, especially in winter time in New England. I actually tried to spin out on slippery roads and it was difficult! Love the CRV and recommend to anyone who does not want to deal with problems. I get 25 mpg!

reliability

no outside temp gauge in LX model

Excellent Value For the Money
By mrevan63

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched this vehicle quite a bit before buying, honestly not my favorite looking SUV, but when comparing to it's competion, it is lower priced than the Toyota RAV-4.
The write up by Edmunds in regards to highway performance, or the lack of, is false!
If your comparing it to something with a V-8, then yes, it does not pass a car as well.
But it's not using a V-8!
I've driven many V-8's, and V-6's, this little SUV gets along great!
I'm getting 24 mpg combined, and 28-30 highway.

MPG, Stereo, All-Wheel Drive, smooth ride

More options avaiable, like fog lights, turbo, etc.

33 month check-in
By niteflite888

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have approximately 31,000 miles on the car.
The car has not given me any problems other than a loud squeak when coming to a full stop.
I took this into the dealer and I think there was a TSB or something else on it...had to do with the exhaust or something.

Other than this, i am satisfied with the ride.
Fuel economy is around 25 highway going 70+ mph, around 18-19 in stop and go city.

Three things I would note: 1. road noise is bad. the vibrations that can be heard are unreasonable. 2. the ac cuts in and out constantly. wish it could be steadier. 3. the oil life computer is too smart. wish we could just go back to doing an oil change every 7,500 miles and not rely on this computer. types like me get paranoid and want to take good care of our cars... or at least in the manual they should state clearly and boldy that in many cases an oil change is not required for a full year

Good car
By hardfire454

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoy this car, but for a Honda, the fuel economy is a bit disappointing

Styling