Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 297 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Honda CRV Door Lock Problem
By gcan3

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Recently I have began to experience malfunctioning door locks.
I have read many similar complaints where the door locks spontaneously unlock while driving and relocate the remaining doors after opened.
This is a major safety concern and I am shocked that Honda has not dealt with this safety issue.
I see a class action law suit has been initiated in the US.
Shame on Honda, I thought you were better then that.
so far customer service at Honda Canada has been less then hospitable!
Keep the documentation coming.

Overall, reliable vehicle.

Really stiff suspension that leads to an uncomfortable ride.

At 4 yrs and 36k miles
By niteflite888

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost four years now and at only 36k miles, i'm disappointed i've had to replace the stock continental tires so soon.
I got a set of bridgestone duelers at costco which set me back over $600.
I can't tell if the road noise has significantly gotten better with the new tires.
Next, it seems my brakes are about to go...we don't drive with a heavy foot, but maybe it was all the city stop and go traffic.

Haven't had any problems other than regular maintenance - rear differential was a must because it was making an odd noise.
MPG has been in low 20s in mixed driving.

Great SUV !
By kelly5961

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had our CRV for 4-1/2 years , only 3 issues with it. (1) the dealership sales people, Flatout told them the 1st thing . She(my wife) is going to write you a check , flatout what is the best price on this car with a check right now, STUPID sales person came back and asked how much we were putting down, told him again your getting
a check today , he came back and said for 5 yrs. your payments would be $NXO , I SAID LISTEN ! your getting a check for the car TODAY . this went on 4 more times before the JACKASS Sales Mgr. came out & I had to tell him twice the same thing, but got it bought right. (2) Crappy Noisey Continental tires. and a common SUV hatch noise with the windows open.

Car gets rated mileage, winter a bit lower , but now that its got almost 100,000 miles on it the mileage keeps improving , up to 90,000 I was getting almost 31 on the gauge and actual 30-30.5mpg. but here recently the Gauge(MPG) has been reading 32 & my actual is 32-34 @ 70 mph and with the air on and I am very happy , there have been times is I baby it on main 2 lane roadds @ 55 & with the air it will register 39 -41 mpg , so NO COMPLAINTS HERE , only thing weird lately , is I have crammed 17.739 gallons in the tank on empty & YES this was in my mpg calculations , so What ever it works for us

LET THE JAPS BUILD IT & it will BE PERFECT!

Honda, please fix the road noise problem!!!!
By jsonaday

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Loud definitely describes this car. One can barely carry on a conversation on the freeway. I bought this car used and after only 3 years, the cushions on both seats were flat. AWD sucks bec it only kicks in when it feels the car slipping.. but there is a up side to this car, and that is it's a little bigger than most rivals. Only thing is, you have to sit in the most uncomfortable seats..it got so bad that i had to replace the cloth with am leather.

sound system (after i got some polk audio) seats (after i got leather), lighting (after i installed LEDs), and the trunk space (after i bought rubber mats). basically, i said that bec this car takes a lot after market to be better for instance, audio system started buzzing, had to fix it, seats went flat, had to fix it, ect..

Seats, Audio system, Building materials are cheap. Also, PLEASE fix the ROAD NOISE!!!

This CUV/SUV is great!!!
By chuckles0505

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely adore mine!
I bought it a couple of years ago, and I love it -- it is 100% better than the stupid Civic I had, a definite lemon, unfortunately.
However, the CRV makes up for all that!!!
It handles wonderfully, is quiet, has enough power for me, and has caused me no problems whatsoever!!!
What a relief to finally have such a great car!!

I think it's cute, it's easy and fun to drive, I love the size, it's just right for me!

The only thing that's bad to me is the configuration of the back seats and folding up out of the way. It isn't nearly as nice as the Honda Odyssey (?) I had from 1998. Oh, the gas mileage is the pits, too. Pretty bad. I get 22mpg in the city but over 30 on the freeway, or so it says!!! Well, maybe the mileage gizmo on the dash isn't working. 33 does seem kind of unrealistic. But I don't have the AWD either. Overall I get 23 to 24.