Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 299 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Luv, luv my CRV
By lyslehp

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CRV on Oct. 2007, model 2008, brand new to the dealer and as of now I never have a problem. I change the break pads 6 months ago and change new tires 2 yrs ago. I would consider my CRV a gas saver. The only thing I don't like, after I paid off,the bank sent me my title the dealer Fletcher Jones made a mistake, well this has nothing to do with the car but I'm not happy because my title stated used car and the current mileage not the mileage when I bought the car.

Change the original tires not the Bridgestone which I don't like that kind of tires. I changed my tires when its was 29,000 miles while my friend who had Continental she didn't change not until it was 48,000 miles.

First Honda Owned. 16 Months of ownership.
By tmo1976

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda (have owned two Toyota's, three Volvo's) product. Purchased as a CPO vehicle and had one issue, A/C clutch was on it's way out after 10k miles of my ownership. Covered under warranty. Ride is firm but that is ok with me as I like a firm ride. Buttons on steering wheel are OK. Wish there was a scan feature for radio like one of my other vehicles has. CRV handles well in rain, light snow. AWD is allright for what is. Kids like the sliding rear seats so they can adjust as they like (believe that is no longer available on new ones). Rear seat recline feature is good also. Decent cargo capacity for travel.

Like the firm ride. Also, while some folks have said it is noisy inside, I can't really comment on that as the vehicle I also drive periodically (Z71 truck with AT tires) is a bit noisy. Good headroom, I'm 6' and so is my spouse. Mileage is good. I get 19-20 in straight in-town driving depending on traffic. About 25 for my commute (17 miles one way, 12 of that is highway). Best mileage on a trip was 28.5 with AC on, cruise set on 72. Figured mileage the old fashioned way, miles driven by gallons used to fill it up. Computer estimate is off. Holds a decent amount of luggage for trips. No trouble keeping up with traffic or passing, even in mountains in N. Carolina.

Seems like AC is a bit problematic on CRV's. Hoping the clutch failure on this one is a one time thing. Carpet is interesting. Seems thin. Also, replaced the carpeted floor mats that were new when I purchased this CPO vehicle for Honda all-weather mats as the carpeted mats started "pilling" up within about 3 weeks of my buying the vehicle. While I find the seats comfortable, it would be nice if there were additional adjustments available on the non-powered seats similar to the power seats on the EX-L. I have had a couple of vehicles with non-powered seats that had more adjustments. Power mirror switch should be on driver door panel, not dash.

Honda CRV Door Lock Problem
By gcan3

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Recently I have began to experience malfunctioning door locks.
I have read many similar complaints where the door locks spontaneously unlock while driving and relocate the remaining doors after opened.
This is a major safety concern and I am shocked that Honda has not dealt with this safety issue.
I see a class action law suit has been initiated in the US.
Shame on Honda, I thought you were better then that.
so far customer service at Honda Canada has been less then hospitable!
Keep the documentation coming.

Overall, reliable vehicle.

Really stiff suspension that leads to an uncomfortable ride.

At 4 yrs and 36k miles
By niteflite888

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost four years now and at only 36k miles, i'm disappointed i've had to replace the stock continental tires so soon.
I got a set of bridgestone duelers at costco which set me back over $600.
I can't tell if the road noise has significantly gotten better with the new tires.
Next, it seems my brakes are about to go...we don't drive with a heavy foot, but maybe it was all the city stop and go traffic.

Haven't had any problems other than regular maintenance - rear differential was a must because it was making an odd noise.
MPG has been in low 20s in mixed driving.

Great SUV !
By kelly5961

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had our CRV for 4-1/2 years , only 3 issues with it. (1) the dealership sales people, Flatout told them the 1st thing . She(my wife) is going to write you a check , flatout what is the best price on this car with a check right now, STUPID sales person came back and asked how much we were putting down, told him again your getting
a check today , he came back and said for 5 yrs. your payments would be $NXO , I SAID LISTEN ! your getting a check for the car TODAY . this went on 4 more times before the JACKASS Sales Mgr. came out & I had to tell him twice the same thing, but got it bought right. (2) Crappy Noisey Continental tires. and a common SUV hatch noise with the windows open.

Car gets rated mileage, winter a bit lower , but now that its got almost 100,000 miles on it the mileage keeps improving , up to 90,000 I was getting almost 31 on the gauge and actual 30-30.5mpg. but here recently the Gauge(MPG) has been reading 32 & my actual is 32-34 @ 70 mph and with the air on and I am very happy , there have been times is I baby it on main 2 lane roadds @ 55 & with the air it will register 39 -41 mpg , so NO COMPLAINTS HERE , only thing weird lately , is I have crammed 17.739 gallons in the tank on empty & YES this was in my mpg calculations , so What ever it works for us

LET THE JAPS BUILD IT & it will BE PERFECT!