Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 299 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

CRV - Smaller SUV but Excellent
By Mary

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRV is an excellent, smaller SUV. We are a family of four and it suits our needs perfectly. Comfortable seats (my husband is 6' 3" and the seat adjusts higher or lower), great turning radius, good gas mileage and lots storage in the rear. More importantly very low maintenance! Just keep getting the oil changed and it'll run forever.

There's a flip up tray btwn. the front seats with two drink holders and two, smaller shallow trays. I use this ALL the time! And, a pull out drink holder under the radio and flip down drink holders in back passenger. Plus, there is a recessed dash on the passenger's side for storage.

If the newer models have the brake handle below the radio, it needs to be relocated.

Love the CR-V
By Matt

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After owning this car for three weeks, my wife and I are still looking for excuses to drive somewhere. I have no idea what the other review with the 'stiff steering wheel' is about. This car has some of the lightest steering I've ever driven. I test drove 4 competing brands and the only other I even considered was the Toyota RAV4 because the 4 cylinder had a little more power. The interior is laid out well, seats are comfy. The ride is a little stiff over expansion joints, but the trade off is excellent handling in corners. Averaging 23.5 mpg in city driving, 30-33 on the highway. I will say the sound system could be better. It just doesn't seem like I can get it adjusted right.

Excellent fit and finish. Well laid-out interior. Comfortable seats. Smooth 5-speed auto trans. Quiet cabin.

Better radio- we have the EX with 6 speakers and it still lacks bass. Visibility in the rear is compromised due to the rounded-off styling.

CRV EXL fun to drive....
By Jimmy Drew

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded my 2006 Toyota RAV 4 V6 for the 2008 EXL CRV. While the engine is smaller on the CRV I find it very capable. It cruises at turnpike speeds with no problem. The fit and finish of the vehicle are superior to the RAV 4. The riding comfort is much better than the RAV4 and ride is very smooth. I am extremely pleased with the rear hatch opening on the top rather than on the side and front seats seem to have more room front and back as well as side to side. This vehicle seems to exhibit a much higher class of material as well as arrangement of the dash and the radio is simply terrific. I had the JBL system in the RAV4 but the Honda radio is much better.

The ride and the seat comfort and the front seat room as well as the material used are terrific. Also like the auto air.

Put the V6 from the RAV4 in the CRV and you would have a vehicle that could not be beat. Don't take that to mean that vehicle is underpowered. It is not.

Nice little SUV
By steverk

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our new 2008 Honda SUV after the old Grand Marquis bit the dust. It's a great vehicle! Although rougher than a sedan, the ride is decent and the gas mileage has been good (23 mpg in town). The navigation leaves a lot to be desired. It comes up with the worst routings! The voice recognition is more pain than gain. However, the built in back up camera is helpful. Interior is comfortable a good quality. This is the fully loaded model, so I expected a few more bells and whistles (lighted vanity mirrors, automatic headlights, automatic day/night mirrors) but most of what is has works well and is well thought out.

Easy handling, good gas mileage, spacious feel, fun to drive.

Improve the software in the navigation system.

love it!
By CATHERINE

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first new car i have purchased. I have owned 2 vw's and 2 bmw's. Love them all but this time i just couldn't afford another bmw. Everybody I spoke with told me that they love their Hondas and that's all they will ever buy again. I know what they mean now. I have only owned it for a month now but the ride is so smooth. When your at a stop sign you think the car turned off because it is so quiet. I just started to use the wipers and that took me a few tries to figure them out. Backing up is a little difficult though. I have to lift my head a bit higher and move more towards the center of the car to see the back window. Once I get use to it it shouldn't be a problem hopefully!

Interior, seat warmers :) controls on steering wheel