Used 2007 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2007 CR-V EX 4WD
By jaydub

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 05 LX for this car. Love the new styling. I read through most of these postings and I can't figure out it people are driving the same car I am as I am not experiencing any of this negativity with my car. I just drove from Dallas to Nashville and averaged 28.7 mpg! Drive the speed limit and you'll see a big difference. Road noise? My 05 was much louder. I miss the picnic table, but what can you do. It's a great car.

Gas mileage; 6 disc changer; sunroof; dashboard that displays how many miles until empty, average mpg and when to change the oil. Also love the tire pressure monitoring feature (standard). It's SO quiet for a small SUV, especially since it's not a "luxury" SUV where you pay for what you get.

Put picnic table back in. It would still work with this design. Whether it's a picnic table or cargo cover, either way, it would still take up the same amount of room. The pockets under the gearshift are too far under. It should be flush all the way down to the floor, at least in my opinion.

Sweet Grocery Getter
By Mr. Incognito

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove the Acadia, Edge, and Equinox. Liked the CR-V best out of all based on size and value versus price and the fact that it drives just like an Accord. The car has plenty of pick up if you know how to drive a Honda. Fuel economy is great although less than advertised (EPA estimates are off anyway), but only by a mile or two. The wife loves how easy it is to load up the groceries or all the rest of our stuff when we go somewhere. I fit comfortably at 6'4" and 225 in the front seats and even in the back. Great car for the money and Honda reliability/quality to boot.

Auxillary jack for mp3 player/ipod and where it's located in the center console keeps it out of the way, the shelf for the cargo area, the quiet ride (much more than our Accord), and of course the sunroof.

Don't really have any.

Why is my gas mileage so low?
By miamigirl

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been extremely happy with my new CRV, however, I am disapointed with my actual gas mileage. I purchased the CRV over the Pilot because I believed I would receive better gas mileage. I only average about 21.4! If I would have known that I would have bought the bigger SUV.

The interior looks like a higher end SUV.

The only improvement would be to have the vehicle actually get the gas mileage on the sticker.

It's a Honda, of course it is great
By J

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought it a couple of weeks ago. And so far it is a really nice ride. We traded in our Civic for it. One thing I did notice and always gave low marks to is cabin noise in a Honda. This one has really low cabin noise and is peppy to boot. The overall design is appealing to the eye and that is why we chose it over the large Pilot.

The navigation, rear camera a big plus. overall styling is very much improved with a look more reminiscent or luxury SUV.

Update the navigation CD. it is from 2003! Give a little more horsepower, closer to 180hp+ is better for those high speed merging on the freeway. Ditch the 6 disc CD-changer in the center console.

Buzzing 'round town
By JTV

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Most of our driving is in a suburban area of Florida. We get about 24mpg compared to the Honda van that we traded in that got 15-16 mpg. Our highway mileage is about 30 mpg. The engine makes a buzzing sound when driving around town but it disappears at higher speeds on the interstates. We wanted a 4 cyl. for economy and did not like the Toyota RAV with a spare tire mounted on the back. The Hyundai Santa Fe does not get as many mpg and we did not like the red color choice. We added backup sensors and an auto dimming rear view mirror. Dashboard is attractive with instant mpg readout and other info. However, the CRV is not as comfortable as our van was on long trips.

Fuel economy, dashboard information, fun to drive

Power driver's seat, remote electronic hatch, auto off headlights