Used 2007 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 342 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Roomy, agile, well designed!
By yuppiejr

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I chose the CRV based on it's balance of safety ratings, interior space, fuel economy, looks and Honda brand loyalty. The fit and finish are amazing (mine is 100% made in Japan), even compared to my 2004 Civic. The step-in height is perfect for my wife and I and there's plenty of room for car seats in the back seat even with a "family visit" worth of cargo (pack and play, stroller, suitcase, etc..). The 166 HP 4-cyl engine has plenty of juice even with the A/C on for a combination of aggressive city, freeway commute and 2-lane country driving. All of the key driving, climate and audio controls are well placed from the driver's position. The ride and handling are superb!

I like the driver information dashboard - the outside temp/MPG/range display is nice. The MP3/WMA capable 6 disc changer can hold a lot of music if you know how to burn a data CD.

Better height and angle adjustments on the driver's armrest. XM included in the EX trim level stereo. A pause button for the CD player & more EQ controls. Would be nice if the front and rear seats had another couple of inches to move back for larger drivers/passengers.

Love my CRV
By Love my CRV

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Being new to Hondas, wasn't sure what to expect. I have the most fun driving my CR-V. Like the exterior design, very cute and compares easily to higher end models. Find the interior to be very roomy. Gas mileage is not quite what I had expected for a Honda but still very acceptable (24 hwy/city, 30+ trip). Would like to have more power though mpg would be sacrificed. Find that it shifts to a lower gear more often than I'd like when going on hills. Would still buy it again!

Roominess, reclining/folding seats, sunroof, cargo shelf, 2 glove boxes, center glove box, gauge package, maintenance reminders, XM radio, steering wheel radio controls, and many more.

Sunvisor redesign so easier to see signal lights, tilt steering wheel to go lower (uncomfortable for shorter drivers) fog lights std., auto-off headlights; more comfortable leather seats - tooooo hard.

I Just Love It
By roadturtle

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a Dodge gas hog truck. I love the new larger 2007 CR-V. I am six feet tall, and I have plenty of room. I am averaging 23 mpg with 90% city 10% freeway. It drives sooo easy. Parks easy. I bought the EX. I believe the little extra money for the EX was worth it. I am adding the iPod music link this week. I tried the Kias. No comparison. Honda's quality is awesome.

Gas mileage. Easy to get in, and out of. Drives wonderfully. Great stereo. Great fit and finish. Quality. Sits high enough to see. Good visibility.

Add center console, and iPod music link on EX as standard.

Guzzle Guzzle
By hbhonda99

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

EPA 23 to 27? Was that measured while going straight down hill? Combined freeway and street driving is 19 mpg and that was with the cruise control while on the freeway. Hitting reset after tanking up then driving 10 miles in town displayed 15 MPG, about the same as my 4200 pound VW Vanagon and not even close to a 2001 C280 Mercedes 6 or a BMW 325 6 cyl, both German cars get from 25 to 34 mpg on the freeway. This reminds me, it did get 27 mpg on the freeway but that ended when the first hill was approached, then engine shifted and spun up to 5,000 rpm and the MPG display crashed to the low teens. Sorry Honda, but this is no gas miser, it guzzles!

Everything else, especially the electronics and upholstery.

I'll settle for the EPA rating of 23 mpg around town?

Great Value
By JC

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First off, it's an ugly car but it's a great car. Function over form is how this car was built. It gets good gas mileage. For those who complain about bad gas mileage, you need to learn how to maximize your mileage. Learning when and how to press the gas and brakes is the difference between 20 mpg and 25 mpg from my experience. Lots of features for the money. Nice interior design. Handling is good, but this causes the ride to be stiffer than normal cars. As a consequence the car stays planted and doesn't float. This is not a car for people who like a sofa ride.

AUX stereo plug, dual glove boxes. On board computer. Blue lighting. Good handling. Gas mileage.

Power drivers seat! Ugly front design. More bigger storage compartments.