Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love my First Honda
By NorseViking

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought 2007 CR-V LX after driving a Ford Explorer 2-door sport for 10 years. What an improvement! The Explorer handled and rode like a pick- up truck. Parking wasn't very fun with wide-turning radius. The CR-V is smooth, zippy, and easy to park. It's also easier to view out the back window than my Explorer. Gas mileage is better by 10 mpg.

Love the instrument panel, the placement of shift stick, the MP3 plug- in, and cargo space. The many ways to adjust the back seating area is nice.

Hate that dorky fold-down tray in the center. Rather have a console with storage space. Wish LX came with cargo shelf standard. Add tinted windows, too. I don't like that the arm rest on the door is upholstered with cloth. Open the window at drive-thru, you get dirty rain spots.

2007 Honda CRV
By jamil

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 8 year Lexus RX 300 for a CR-V, hard to let go of the Lexus quality and luxury but I felt that the CR-V was a more economical SUV and was in the price range I need to be in with a daughter starting college in the fall. Was impressed with the 2nd row legroom as myself and daughter are 5'10". The rear hatch is the easiest SUV to open and close on the market. The drive is fine, unfortunately, just too used to my Lexus to be impressed. The price was impressive for the features. Overall, I think that this will be a good car buy for the next several years and that my teen drivers will be safe.

Safety features and the side rear airbags, MP3 player input, tilt steering wheel, miles to empty indicator, headroom and legroom.

Was surprised to see that it did not have auto on/off lights and garage door opener link. For over 10 years I have had these features on previous cars and thought that they were standard now days. Less road noise would always be welcome.

Roomy, agile, well designed!
By yuppiejr

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I chose the CRV based on it's balance of safety ratings, interior space, fuel economy, looks and Honda brand loyalty. The fit and finish are amazing (mine is 100% made in Japan), even compared to my 2004 Civic. The step-in height is perfect for my wife and I and there's plenty of room for car seats in the back seat even with a "family visit" worth of cargo (pack and play, stroller, suitcase, etc..). The 166 HP 4-cyl engine has plenty of juice even with the A/C on for a combination of aggressive city, freeway commute and 2-lane country driving. All of the key driving, climate and audio controls are well placed from the driver's position. The ride and handling are superb!

I like the driver information dashboard - the outside temp/MPG/range display is nice. The MP3/WMA capable 6 disc changer can hold a lot of music if you know how to burn a data CD.

Better height and angle adjustments on the driver's armrest. XM included in the EX trim level stereo. A pause button for the CD player & more EQ controls. Would be nice if the front and rear seats had another couple of inches to move back for larger drivers/passengers.

Love my CRV
By Love my CRV

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Being new to Hondas, wasn't sure what to expect. I have the most fun driving my CR-V. Like the exterior design, very cute and compares easily to higher end models. Find the interior to be very roomy. Gas mileage is not quite what I had expected for a Honda but still very acceptable (24 hwy/city, 30+ trip). Would like to have more power though mpg would be sacrificed. Find that it shifts to a lower gear more often than I'd like when going on hills. Would still buy it again!

Roominess, reclining/folding seats, sunroof, cargo shelf, 2 glove boxes, center glove box, gauge package, maintenance reminders, XM radio, steering wheel radio controls, and many more.

Sunvisor redesign so easier to see signal lights, tilt steering wheel to go lower (uncomfortable for shorter drivers) fog lights std., auto-off headlights; more comfortable leather seats - tooooo hard.

I Just Love It
By roadturtle

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a Dodge gas hog truck. I love the new larger 2007 CR-V. I am six feet tall, and I have plenty of room. I am averaging 23 mpg with 90% city 10% freeway. It drives sooo easy. Parks easy. I bought the EX. I believe the little extra money for the EX was worth it. I am adding the iPod music link this week. I tried the Kias. No comparison. Honda's quality is awesome.

Gas mileage. Easy to get in, and out of. Drives wonderfully. Great stereo. Great fit and finish. Quality. Sits high enough to see. Good visibility.

Add center console, and iPod music link on EX as standard.