Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

By kathy

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is very dependable and has good power. However there are three points that are very bothersome. First, the paint is of pour quality and the exterior of my car is looking bad. I think I can scratch the paint job up with just my fingernail. Second, the car has a lot of road noise. Thirdly, the gas mileage was not as it stated on the sticker (23/29) when I bought it. I have never had better than 26 hwy and around the city i average 18 to 19 mpg.

Car has good power.

Needs better paint job and better gas mileage.

Love my Honda
By Dawn

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have never felt as safe in a car as I do in this one. It never slips on the snowy Vermont roads. It handles very nicely, there is plenty of room inside, and nothing ever goes wrong with it. I wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a newer CR-V).

safety

140,000 miles and going
By takethisandthat

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have no mechanical problems at all with this car. The gas mileage is 26 on the hwy which should be better. The seats are very hard, had to buy a gel seat to sit on. It handles OK but in the wind it gets moved around some. Also, it is loud from road noise. My black paint is like cheap nail polish. But I am sure I will drive this over 200,000 and have no problems.

very dependable

better seat comfort, better paint, reduce the road noise

Stay AWAY from GEN2 CRV
By UNICS33

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is soo LOUD, no sound proofing at all. Suspension is very stiff, almost the feeling of riding a buggy...my 3 yo can't even fall asleep, that's how loud and rough ride is. GAS mileage is bad too, averaging 22-23 on normal driving conditions. Car is too heavy for 4 cyl and drag factor is too high. My other Buick Regal is averaging 22mpg and comfort is stellar. Bought it almost new (12K mi) but I sold it in a year because it was very uncomfortable and LOUD, esp. with a little one inside. You feel every little irregularity in the pavement, struts are like filled with steel bars not gas, road noise and engine noise are impressively high. Don't trust the word of mouth. I'm very disappointed.

Cargo and rear seat flexibility. Styling much better then newer 2007+.

Speakers STINK, put a V6 and add soundproofing so that at least we can talk not yell while driving the CRV.

2006 CR-V
By Todd

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased the car for my wife in 2006, no brainer decision to buy out the lease at present. The car has been perfect for the wife and small child as a daily driver and well suited for extended family drives/vacations. Sight lines are excellent, functionality is superb with the exception of the hinged back gate - would prefer an overhead rear door. Peppy enough to be fun and strong enough (AWD) for Philadelphia snow. Mileage is disappointing - Accords with the same engine get much better mileage - we've yet to break the 28MPG barrier on the hwy. 6-disc player and sound system is high quality. Reclining rear seats are nice. Overall this is a high value, very functional, simple car.

Rear gate should be overhead, better gas mileage.